Looking for DELAY and REVERB circuits. What to build???

Started by BillyJ, August 26, 2003, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyJ

Can't seem to find hardly anything for these two.
I understand small bear has BBDs and I would love some analog goodness.
Can anyone recommend some CKTs for delay and reverb?
Any links to schematics?
Thanks very much!

Marcos - Munky

You could try the PT-80 and Rebote Delay effects. The first you will find here: www.generalguitargadgets.com. The secound you will find here (in two versions): www.tonepad.com.

BillyJ

Coolness. I had just found the PT-80 at GGG and had forgotten the name of the rebote. Thanks for hooking me up with that.
I think either one of these might be pretty cool but if anyone knows others please LMK.
Now I need to find a reverb that will sound good which seems like it might be hard to do.
Thanks very much for the great leads Munky

Joep

I just finished the Rebote 2.......nice one!! and an easier/cheaper build as the PT-80.

Gil

Hey Joep !

What is the max delay time you can get with the rebote and still have clean sound ?

zeta55

Mitsubishi has a cuircit M50194 wich offers digital reverb and echo. Been thinking about trying it out myself but I'm not there yet..
Try this  link.
http://www.elfa.se/pdf/73/735/07350192.pdf
[/url]
Visit my site: http://www.zeta-sound.se/

Joep

Hi Gil,

The PT2399 is limited to 500ms with a 50k pot at max. You can hear some coloration on the high notes.

You can go higher if you like by using a higher pot value or adding a series resistor. But the soundquality will degrade.

Bye,

Joep

Gil

smallbearelec

Check with JD Sleep at GGG. I believe that Scott Swartz has or is working on a design using the Shanghai Belling BL2308B, and JD was to offer the board for sale.

Joep

Yeah, that will be an intersting one.

I believe Scott mentioned that the delay time is as long as the PT-80.

Bye,

Joep

Mark Hammer

I have a compact (not a 1590BB but not rackmount either) DIY spring reverb project that is coming along quite nicely and uses parts you can get from surplus places, hardware stores and Radio Shack.  I have some time off coming up soon and will use that to get it ready for posting.

You wouldn't think Home Depot sells reverb units, would you?

Parade

I found some cool effects on this site.
http://www.runoffgroove.com/salvo.html
You might wanna check that out.

It has a Digital Delay that sounds quite nice.
I own an analog delay and a digital I personally like the digital one better. It's not limited to 200ms. :D
It takes a strong man to carry a bolder across a thousand miles, but an even stronger man to carry a burden for all eternity.

BillyJ

Nice. I will be looking forward to that one Mark! I think I may wait it out and build a real reverb. Seems like I will not likely find what I want in a small box. Thank you everyone for the input and feel free to continue. I sure would build a small one if anyone said they knew of a good one. I guess reverb is just real hard to fake well. Thanks again.

mustapah

there is a kit avaliable from www.blacet.com which is an analog delay that ranges from 10ms to 2seconds called a "time Machine" unfortunately the kit is 229.00$ and would require a power supply. there is a schematic for a cv controlled analog delay at midwest analog products. jd sleep will probabley release a boss DD3 copy and have a circuit board avaliable for it in a couple of months, however a better analog delay was the DM-2