signal generator and breadboard workstations

Started by cupbearer, October 28, 2003, 02:12:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cupbearer

i have seen on a number of websites, peoples breadboard workstations.  if i'm not making sense - this is breadboarding stations that people have built to help them in prototyping effects and schematics.  and i wanted to see if the experienced people on this site had any suggestions for a newbie.  

also, i wanted to if anyone could point me to a good signal generator for station

thanks so much.  any help would be apreciatied.

antonio.

gez

For jacks I use PCB mount.  Just push them into the breadboard - saves a lot of wiring! (though takes up a bit of space).  It's not a good idea to constantly remove them as the holes widen and the things work loose, but with a little forethought you can position them sensibly, leave them there and you shouldn't have any problems.

For power I cut a croc jumper in half, soldered it to a DC jack and just clip the leads to the board.  You could solder a couple of croc clips to a battery-snap to do the same.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Peter Snowberg

As you wire up your pedal breadboarding system, think about adding a DPDT toggle switch for a bypass so you can easily and quickly do A/B comparisons. I use a 2P6T rotary switch to select different circuits or taps in a circuit. One position is true bypass and the other five positions are available for options. I also have wires that bypass the switch and go directly to the jacks. This makes it super easy to try out 5 input caps, or 5 output caps, or any combination.

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation