Looks like there's a 454 or hemi in there somewhere...   :D

nice finish!!
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women

Adam Shame

That's pretty sweet!

Just curious.. what is the toggle switch for?
Q: What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord?

A: My Ass

Rodgre

Quote from: Adam ShameThat's pretty sweet!

Just curious.. what is the toggle switch for?

I could make up some cool "car" reference, but it's the tone bypass switch. It's a Big Muff based on an R.G. Keen toner transfer package from a few years ago. It sounds really good, but I'm still preferring the tone of my late model op-amp Big Muff, so I'm working on a circuit clone of that.

Roger

ErikMiller

Quote from: Rodgre

It sounds really good, but I'm still preferring the tone of my late model op-amp Big Muff, so I'm working on a circuit clone of that.

Roger

Roger,

I've tried that one a couple of times recently and it still has me thwarted. First I used the "Big Muff Op Amp" schematic that is available at Geofex, then changed some values based on the "Little Big Muff" schematic which claims to correct the other one.

If you get one to work, PLEASE share your information with the world!

Rodgre

Erik, maybe there's a problem with that schematic. I tried it twice and it didn't work either. Maybe I'll reverse-engineer my original E-H op-amp Muff. It has a very distinct tone, compared to other Big Muffs.

Roger

petemoore59

But it didn't work/not much left of it now but a half used piece of perf with a few extraneous parts hanging on it...I wanted to compare the tones of the BMP {transistor version which DOES work] with the OA version...that test is obviously on the 'back burner' now...
  I havent' started a project all week...seeems a little strange....for a while there I was starting one bout every day!