CA3160A & CA3260A Mosfet in CMOS out

Started by WGTP, November 14, 2003, 10:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WGTP

Has any one tried these in some of our standard stuff, TS, Rat, Muff Fuzz, etc.  Does the Mosfet input and CMOS output make them sound mo better?  I love this virtual place.

8)
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames

gez

I haven't tried the chips you mentioned, but the CA3130 is one of my favourite op-amps and it has MOSFET input and CMOS output too.  They're nice and quiet, and the almost rail-to-rail swing is a big plus in many circuits.

I haven't looked over the chips you mentioned, but slew rate can often be on the low side with MOSFET amps - worth keeping an eye out for (though not critical in many cases).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Mark Hammer

I haven't been able to score any and tell you, but I will note that country slide wiz Lee Roy Parnell was waxing eloquent on the virtues of the Ibanez Mostortion last year in Vintage Guitar.  The Mostortion is a cousin of the Tube Screamer (though that tends to gloss over other differences) and used a 3260.

WGTP

The 3160 is freq compensated and I think would work in the Rat/AMZ Pro and the 3260 is a dual.

Net InOne has them and the BS250 Mosfets. :D
Stomping Out Sparks & Flames