troubleshooting my shaka

Started by tambek, December 02, 2003, 04:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tambek

ok, i finally got the shaka 5 laid out on my project board. The only problem is that it's not working. When i tested where i can still hear the signal, then i found that the volume and tone pots are working. So i guess half of the circuit is working (if you look at the schematic, then i mean the part from R1 to the volume pot - everything that is above the MOSFET and the TL072 part...).
So - that leaves me 2 choices... either the MOSFET's are wired wrong or the TL072. But the MOSFET's can't be, cause i checked them many times and they were wired up the right way. And besides, I checked where the signal is lost, then i could still hear the signal at the 5th lead of TL072 - that's where the signal enters the op-amp - but at the output lead it was lost. I could still hear click and pops and cracks and that sort of stuff, but no signal...

That leaves me the TL072 op-amp. I'd guess  its wired up wrong, but i followed the schematic, checked the diagram at Stompbox FAQ and checked SHaka 5 PCB layout. Everythiung is wired up correctly. So - from my knowledge, i should have either a defected or fried op-amp, right? But i had the op-amp in a 8-pin socket. So, could it be that i fired it while soldering the wires to the socket? It didn't happen to me when i was soldering the wires to my MXR Dist+ socket withe the op-amp IN the socket...

Any ideas?

Thanks! :D

PS: could that show me something, that i still could hear pops and clicks at the output lead (the 7th one..?)