Paging Jack Orman please... Mr. Orman...

Started by Bill_F, December 12, 2003, 06:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_F

Hi Jack (or anybody else who would know). I'm building your Q&D2 compressor and have a couple of questions.

On your PCB layout there is a pad labelled "L". What is that for? I have looked at the schematic and can't figure it out.

Also I noticed that C3 is on their twice. It looks to me like both places do the same thing. Am I right to assume that this is optional? I can put that cap into either and I'll be alright.

Thank you in advance,
Bill

amz-fx

Quote from: Bill_F
On your PCB layout there is a pad labelled "L". What is that for? I have looked at the schematic and can't figure it out.

Also I noticed that C3 is on their twice. It looks to me like both places do the same thing. Am I right to assume that this is optional?
The "L" pad is for power to an  indicator LED, or as a source of regulated voltage to power a second board if you are making a stereo version, which keeps you from duplicating the voltage regulator circuitry since it is capable of supplying more than 1 compressor.

The extra C3 capacitor is for an additional 10uF capacitor if you find it necessary for quiet and efficient power. You can use either set.

regards, Jack

Bill_F