Boss DS-1 Seeing Eye Mod

Started by Arn C., December 10, 2003, 03:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arn C.

I just finished modding my DS1 to the Seeing Eye Mod.

I changed C1,C5,C12 to .1uf metal film
"      "       C2,C8,C9,C14 to 1uf Metal Film
"      "       C7  to 220pf silver mica
and I replaced the check led to 3mm clear blue led (I didn't make it a 5mm because I didn't want to drill out the hole.

Is that all there is to it or should I do more?
Thanks!
Arn C.

phillip

KevinSTP

Hi Arn;
    I have been following the same topic here for a little bit and there are some real good suggestions there Put -- DS-! Mods -In the search and check there, it is up to 2 or three pages.Good Luck and let me know how you make out-Mine is coming out real cool even with my limited knowledge and numerous mistakes.
                    Kevin
"Looky What I Done Did"

Arn C.

On the schematic where it says D5 = red led,  is that the led that is put where the "O" in Tone is?

Is it suggested that all the mods on the schematic be completed for the best sound?    geocities.com/austenfantanio/DS
Thanks!
Arn C.

Ansil

yeppers
 you take out teh orignal red led and replace it with your new indicator led

and put the original redled in the clipping section.

Arn C.

Wow! What great mods.  This  pedal sounds fantastic!!!!!
If you have one, I suggest trying it!  I used the schematic with both the seeing eye and the ultra mods.
Arn C.

phillip

So did you end up performing just the Seeing Eye mod, or did you go for the Ultra?

Phillip

ian87

i did the SEM according to the schem you posted, Phillip, and it sounds fantastic.

i'd like to do an Ultra, but I'm not exactly sure how to insert the extra diode and the toggle. :(

phillip

Did you see the Ultra schematic that I posted a couple of days after the SEM?  

http://axiseffects.home.att.net/misc/DS1_Ultra.gif

I'm not sure exactly how the toggle and extra LED are wired up, but that way I have drawn is probably the most simple, and it's also probably the same way he hooks it up.

Here's another new schematic that I finished a few days ago, the SD-1 5-Star Ge. mods (the other SD-1 modification schematic I have posted was my own version of the 5-star mod):

http://axiseffects.home.att.net/misc/SD1_5star.gif

I have D6 listed as a 1N34A Germanium diode, but he uses a PNP Germanium transistor wired up as a diode...won't make any difference.  I think using a diode makes a neater and cleaner modification...it just won't stand out as much as the little silver metal can of the transistor.

Phillip

Arn C.

Phillip, Below is the schematic I used for the modding.  Thank You!  I hooked it up just the way you have it on the schematic(the toggle) except that I toggled in the red led not the 1N4148 diode.   When toggled in, the led that is toggled in, I drilled out the "o" in "Tone" and placed it there.  It flashes when you play.   Great sounds!  I have no way of putting sounds on the internet, maybe once someone else gets one built they can!

http://axiseffects.home.att.net/misc/DS1_Ultra.gif

Thanks again!
Arn C.