Francisco Peña can you (ne1) help me bypass this 535 NonQ Wa

Started by BillyJ, December 10, 2003, 08:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyJ

I cannot get my brain to function at all and figure this out.
It has a spst switch....AGH my brain is hurting!!!
If anyone can help please do I am lost!

Marcos - Munky

You need to figure if the wah is on when the two wires of the switch are connected or disconnected. Cut the wires and do a "hard work", let them in the way that the wah is on. Now, just put a DPDT swicth like you add to any effect, between input and output of the wah and input and output jacks.

afranks

I have a 535... it's buffered, electronically switched, and doesn't suck tone.  Why do it? It's gonna be a real pain in the butt, and it won't sound any different. Now if it was a Vox or regular Crybaby, I'd understand.  But a 535?

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

this is how I did it:

You have to remove the whole little pcb that holds the switch, there's two LEDs and a 100k resistor...

when you remove the header, you need to make a couple of connections. I did them on the header connector itself:

1. Connect the three BLACK wires together.
2. Connect a 100k resistor between the gray wire and the black wires you connected earlier.

Now your wah should be hardwired for active operation.

Then choose a bypass method (either with a DPDT or 3PDT, etc). you'll need to tap into the pcb in order to bypass the jacks....

Viewing the PCB component side up, header up do the following:
1. Desolder the RIGHT side of the capacitor just below the input jack. Solder a wire from the flying lead. That's your circuit INPUT.
2. Solder a wire to the pad where that cap lead was. That's your Jack INPUT.
3. Desolder the LEFT side of the cap above the output jack. That lead is your effect OUTPUT.
4. Solder a wire to the pad where that cap lead was, that's your OUTPUT jack.
5. Desolder the LEFT side of the resistor below the output jack. Connect that lead to the effect output (flying led of capacitor in #3).

There you go.

This MAY BE VERY MISTAKEN. My 535 guts are in a box, no longer inside the shell that now holds a DIY wah. (I was HAPPY to get rid of that circuit... too computer-like for my taste!)

I hope this helps... Can't say anything else about it! Please VERIFY every step I'm suggesting.

Fp
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

BillyJ

Thanks!!!!!! DOn't where I lost me head yesterday but it just wasn't working.
Thanks for heloping me see how it is done.
I will verify everything as I go.
Did some quick checking and so far so good!!
Thanks aagin everyone!!