Parallel Universe schematic... woohoo!

Started by ExpAnonColin, December 11, 2003, 09:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

(edit-thanks to ansil for helping me out with this!  I fixed a few of my own mistakes, added resistor color codes, and a description.)

I actually drew this out without the circuit in front of me, off the top of my head, so one of the caps might be backwards or a pot value might be a little off.  I can check when I get home.  I'd post pictures of one, but the paint is still drying on the box!

PLEASE let me know if you try building it-I want to know if the schem works and what you think of the pedal.

If this schematic works, could anyone please draw a layout for it in .pcb format?  I'll pay you like 5 bucks.

Soundclips at http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/puplus/soundclips/

-Colin

Ansil

i am finishing it right now. i am at a different computer though so it will be a slow upload..  or do you want me to email it to ya.

petemoore

Than anything I've built so far...
 Awesome !!!
 See that Ansil..there's a 386 in there !!!!
 Hallelujah !!!!
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Ansil

yeah.. i know its about time..  lol.    i havent' found a pedal yet that i can't slap a 386 in it and make it sound better..

ExpAnonColin

I LOVE 386's!  SO simple, so easy to use...  they just amplify the signal if you groud 2 and 4, put yourself into 3, and take out of 5, and give it some voltage...  just wonderful chips for me :)  Glad I discovered them at radioshack (it was the very early days, early summer, "Hey, an audio amplifier, I wonder what this will do...")

Thanks, ansil.  I'll check the schematic and then the .pcb file when I Get home.

-Colin

mattv

Looks cool! And a kind of artsy-fartsy drawing too. Did you use a crayon?

Marcos - Munky

Looks cool, Colin. I will take a look at the soundclips.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: mattvLooks cool! And a kind of artsy-fartsy drawing too. Did you use a crayon?

Nope, it was #2 mechanical pencil, enlarged a couple times :)

Quote from: Marcos - MunkyLooks cool, Colin. I will take a look at the soundclips.

Let me know if you build it.

Ansil-thanks a ton for the redrawn schematic and parts layout.  I appreciate it like berzerk.

Can anyone do me a .pcb version of the board so I can send it to futurlec?  I'll pay you a couple dollars.

-Colin

Marcos - Munky

You made a cool noisy thing, Colin. I have lots of stuff to finish, but if I build it I tell to you.

Marcos - Munky

Hey Colin, I did the pcb file. Check your e-mail.

casey

is that the complete schem on this?  it looks as if the top of it
was chopped off....

i would love to build it....

could someone email it to me?
Casey Campbell

Marcos - Munky

ExpAnonColin

Marcos-Thanks a ton for the PCB file.  I think I'll be ordering 10 futurlec boards in a minute.

Casey-No, the schematic is just fine... how come it looks chopped?

Let me know if you build it, both of you :)

-Colin

casey

yeah, im looking forward to it......

thanks for the schem.... :wink:
Casey Campbell

RJ

Those sound clips are totally awesome, Colin...I'll be building one as soon as I can round up an LM386 and some switches...hopefully tomorrow.  Thanks for posting this schematic!

-Ryan

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: RJThose sound clips are totally awesome, Colin...I'll be building one as soon as I can round up an LM386 and some switches...hopefully tomorrow.  Thanks for posting this schematic!

-Ryan

Thanks for the kind words :)

Let me know how it turns out.

-Colin

Peter Snowberg

Great selection of clips! :D

I going to try building one with an 18V supply using the JRC386BD.

I'm really curious how your Futurlec boards will come out. have you used them for boards before?

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

doug deeper

how did you figure out the bypass pin oscilation thing????!!!
this has been my secret weapon for almost two years now!!!!(looks like i dont have to be afraid to share now:].....)
looks cool!!!!!
doug

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergGreat selection of clips! :D

I going to try building one with an 18V supply using the JRC386BD.

I'm really curious how your Futurlec boards will come out. have you used them for boards before?

Take care,
-Peter

I've never used the boards before, but they sure look perdy :)

Let me know how the 18v mod goes (lots of let me knows!  I'm very repetitive!)

Doug - That's really cool.  Do you have any circuits that do this?  I found it out basically by thinking to myself "Hmm.. I wonder what a capacitor placed here would do... probably make it oscillate"

-Colin

doug deeper

yeah....i pretty much use it to get "gated arpegeator" type sounds....so its not oscillating when your not playing....if you look at the spec sheet its almost a perfict spot to tap into.....right above the collector of the first tranny....
cool stuff....
i use this in my "glitch computer" and my "????" pedals....
(in sort of a different way)
i knew somone would stumble on to this at some point....guess its off to the bread board to find a new secret weapom :]
keep up the good work....
doug