Express PCB into eagle auto route?

Started by BillyJ, December 14, 2003, 08:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillyJ

Is that posssible? I am bumming a little see below:

Ok I drew a schematic up a schematic and started on the layout.
Had it real nice and tight and then realized I blew it bigtime and needed to begin anew...ok fine.
Well this time I decided to pay more attention the program where it will tell you what pads are supposed to be connected to each other.
It then dawned on me that I have been shrugging off knowing something I should.

Ok first things first...

In express PCB when you are linked to a schematic and you go to draw traces and the pads that are supposed to be connected highlight themselves.....know what I mean?
I don't understand how to use this properly. Is there a foolproof way to just connect the dots?  I'd like to be able to use this feature to my advantage but am having a time understanding it. At times it seem like I have dot all over the place and I can't really get the connections visualized (can't see them in my mind the way I guess the program does).

Next
When you have components leads in parallel on a trace does it matter which ones are first?
I hope this makes sense...I can probably draw something if not.
Like say you have three resistors all with one of their leads on a single trace going to different parts of the circuit.
Let's say the trace is audio freqs. Does it matter which of these resistors
would be 'first' or closest to the preceeding stage?

So I need some kind of help but am not sure what is best....at this moment I would love to import my .sch file into eagl;e and have it connect everything and let me sort out the nest....I tried to open the .sch file but I got some error message. Is there a trick that makes this possible.

Am I off to read some of RG "How it works" because I believe there is some electron flow stuff in there that might help but any help with any of these angles will super appreciated.

Many thanks many times over!!!