weird idea for a pedal...

Started by runmikeyrun, December 15, 2003, 11:39:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runmikeyrun

Okay, how about a pedal with two separate sections...

Section 1:  fuzz/distortion/overdrive pedal, switchable in or out.  This goes to output jack #1.

Section 2: Short analog delay section (adjustable from 10-50 msec) with only one repeat and no dry signal out.  In essence, it sends out an exact copy of the distortion pedal circuit but only at the delay time the user sets it to.  This goes to output jack #2.

Those of you with studio/engineering experience know what i'm getting at:  running two amps live on stage, and set to the opposite sides this would allow you to get that huge stereo spread that makes a record's guitar sound so huge.  I know it requires two amps, but with a switch to sum the output to a single output jack (#1) it could fatten up a single amp setup too.  If you don't like the sound of the distortion section, you could just bypass it and still get just the stereo delay.

Setting the delay would be easy: turn it up or down slowly until you get the fattest, bassiest sound from your setup (which in essence means the least phase cancellation).

I'm interested in this type of effect... anyone else?  

Mike
Bassist for Foul Spirits
Head tinkerer at Torch Effects
Instagram: @torcheffects

Dislikes: old women