News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

TB MKII

Started by 1wahfreak, December 24, 2003, 01:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wahfreak

With all the hipe surrounding this infamous pedal, does anybody out there make a RTS circuit board for this or a Supa Fuzz? Is there substitute I could use?

petemoore

Since you didn't mention it I thought Id add that this can be perfed relatively easily with excellent results...Last time it took me about one hour to populate ...
 I socket the incap and both transistors, use a trimpot for Q2 collector...
 I start testing with 'grab bag Si's' till I get even a sputtery amplified sound...even misbiased I can tell it's 'amping'...then put matched Ge set or my favorite transistors in  for final tuning.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

1wahfreak

I was just wondering because FF's and Rangemasters are really easy also but are available in RTS form. I have 3 good OC75's that I would really like to try in the 3 tranny version of this pedal. Is tuning the 3 tranny version the same as the 2 tranny?

rx5

1wahfreak,

I say give it a try w those TBMK's... nice sound..but good biasing IS needed for the 3 tranies... :) the best sounding dist/fuzz/overdrive Ive heard... :)

done mine with Ge's.... gains of 59,100,120 for Q1, Q2,Q3 respectively...

-Ralph
BE d Bezt, Urz D Rezt... RoCk ON!!!

Yun

i have a DIY tone bender.  The Volume isn't loud enuff, it's VERY quiet.  So i'll have to change a Pot.  

i suggest to get the BEST Fuzz for your Cravings:  Use 3 MPSA18 transistors.  Oh yeah, now that's a Fuzz, man....
"It's Better to live a lie, and forget the past, then to Forget a lie, and live the past"

1wahfreak

One more thing, I found a few 50 uF caps for this thing which is true to the original. I'm assuming it won't make too big of a difference than using our modern 47 uF but they are rated for 25, 50, 160 w which I think is a little overkill. Does the wattage rating affect the sound at all??

Stuart

I should update the schematic on my site, but I haven't got around to it yet. The real MkII has an extra 0.01µF cap to ground at the input. It's between the 5µF input cap (outboard side) and ground. This cap was also present on the early Marshall Supa Fuzz.

phillip

So it should be on the (positive) input side of the 5uF capacitor and not on the (negative) side that goes to the base of Q1?  

I have the Supa Fuzz schematic on my site drawn with the 0.01uF on the negative side...

Phillip