Neovibe problems

Started by Chris S, August 27, 2003, 10:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris S

Hello all after builidng a few simple effects (fuzz face, tychobrahe, Brian May treble boost) I am trying build a neovibe. I ordered the board to make sure I didn't stuff that part up. At the moment I have a light but no pulsing. (it was once there but it seems to have gone). The transistors in this section seem to be all working okay and I replaced the one driving the lamp just in case (but since the lamp works I'm guessin that was a bit pointless) any help greatly appreciated.

AllyP

Try searching the archive (Not available from here, you have to go to the main site :))  I believe there was someone else with the same problem not so long ago....I dont know if it got sorted tho...

Chris S

Yer I think that was my question in the old forum, and the advice was to try this one...

Thanks

Chris S

Okay I know I'm responding to myself but hopefully my journey may help those in the future.

My problem is that at the moment my neovibe sounds like a bad tremelo.

I replaced Q11, Q12 and Q13 with 2n5088s and it "vibed" for about 5 seconds and stopped. Then I replaced them with 2n3904s and it isn't any better. the voltage readings in the lamp section are too high.

Could I be shorting out the transistors??? I am using 24v at 500ma into the unit. Could this be way too much? and if so can I change this without buying a new power pack?

Any help appreciated :lol:

Chris

R.G.

Chris, see the email I sent you.

The Neovibe has been built by quite a number of people with good results. You may be having problems with a high voltage supply or some of the other things I asked you to check.

R.G.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.