Author Topic: Turning into an [b]EQ[/b] (bass/treble)?  (Read 4060 times)

Leftrights

Turning into an [b]EQ[/b] (bass/treble)?
« on: December 17, 2003, 06:55:39 PM »
Is there anyway to add an EQ to this booster (bass, treble)?
I assume that a passive filter at the front end would work?  Where would I "plug it in?"  Can I use the input cap thats already there as part of one of these filters?  Is there anyway to make the filter active rather than just making up for the loss caused by the passive filters?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been looking for a little transitor booster for a while...  This seems like a great early project. :D

aron

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2003, 02:33:11 PM »
You could put it at the end of the circuit, no problem. Let me look for some circuits.

Leftrights

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2003, 07:23:39 PM »
This circut is bringing up a question that I had.  

If I did add in an RC circut to control tone, since the transitor gives a boost, would it be fair to call it an "active" eq.  It seems to work differently than op amp circuits where the tone control is in the feed back loop. (not that I have a great grasp on opamp filters.)

By the way, this is a really fun project and all around good idea.  It lead me to do alot of outside reading on transitors.  This is the first project that I've seen.  Do you change the project from time to time?  Are there other ones in the archive?

Thanks alot for your help.

smoguzbenjamin

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2004, 06:49:32 AM »
There are so many things you can make out there you're going to have to choose between 3 projects you all wanna make. Good sites for projects are :

www.generalguitargadgets.com
www.runoffgroove.com -> these guys have perf layouts for almost all their projects!
www.geofex.com

Have fun! ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.