Fuzz Face Hum

Started by Chris S, August 28, 2003, 01:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gez

Whoops, slip of the brain!  I meant to say that if loading isn't ENOUGH, start increasing the resistors...sorry!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

sfr

are you using both distortion boxes at the same time?  what if you rigged up a sort of parrellel effects thing going on, with a couple different chains to keep the FF out of the line with the TS?  i haven't really played around with this, so I don't know, maybe this would require buffers that would duplicate the problem in different ways.
sent from my orbital space station.

Chris S

Hi Gez,

A schematic would be great! it's not quite chinese to me, but certainly a language I wouldn't like to have a direct go at translating.  :)  (I have images of getting the curcuit wrong a few times before I stumble on getting it right) - thanks! my email is chris_summerfield@yahoo.com.au

Also SFR,

I'm not using both boxes at the same time, but I think a small curcuit maybe easier than doing the parrallel thing, but thanks for the suggestion. If you saw my fairly permanent pedal board layout you'd understand  :wink: Thanks agin

Chris

gez

Hi Chris

I've sent you a schematic.  Best breadboard it and tinker with the source and drain resistors till you get some joy.

Dumb question, and excuse me if I'm being patronising, but have you simply tried turning down the fuzz control on the FF to compensate?
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Chris S

Turning down the fuzz? I have tried that  :)  Thanks for the schematic!