small clone to slapback delay mod.

Started by Chico, February 02, 2004, 10:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chico

In a previous post, I commented that I figured out how to make the clock fequency to the MN3007 chip variable by replacing the 39k resistor between the LFO and clock with a 1k fixed and 100k linear pot.  (I have to believe that this has been done a million times before, but I have not seen this in any of the mods that I have personally reviewed.)

My first goal was to speed up the clock/shorten the delay time into flanger range.  See my previous post for questions and comments in regard thereto.

I next tried to coax slap back delay out of my Small Clone using this new mod.  By replacing the 150 pf cap to the clock driver with a larger value (I think I used 420pf) and by twiddling with my new clock adjustment potentiometer, I could get the Small Clone to provide cool slap back delay effects ... BUT

The filter after the delay section does not suitably filter the clock out of the audio signal at such low clock frequencies.

I have to admit that I really do not understand exactly how the Low pass filter after the delay chip works.  Can anyone recommend a mod to lower the cutoff freq?

Also, I would imagine that an op-amp based active filter would be better for trying slap back with an MN3007.  Can anyone point me to a good reference to learn how to design a good high order filter?

Thanks for your help.

Psychopath

JohnForeman