OT: Why does the forum takes me to homepage when replaying ?

Started by Gil, August 28, 2003, 04:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil

When I click "replay" it takes me to the forum main page...

AllyP

I take it you mean reply......

.....it does that to me when Im not signed in....  I have automatic sign in switched on so as soon as i go back into the forum, reply wrks again :)

gez

The automatic sign in doesn't work for me, everytime I visit I have to sign in!  In the end I got fed up with it so I'm permanently logged in now and I've hidden my user name so it doesn't look as though I don't have a life (not that I do anyway).
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

AllyP

You sayin i havent got a life? :wink:   Im signed in Mon-Fri, 9-5 usually....works....soooooooo......boooorrrriiiiiinnnngggggg!!!!

At least when I,m in here I might tax my brain a bit....:)

Gil

I am automatically signed in but it takes me back  to the main page when I click "postreplay" and than I have to get in the thread again and click replay again.

AllyP

I dont think the forum signs you in until you want to post...It dosent seem to detect as you logon to the site....hmmm

Same thing happens to me, but I just figured that that was how it worked :wink:

Chris R

Auto sign in works for me...

make sure your cookies are not disabled.

C

SoundTech

The "Post Reply" button works fine for me, as does outo sign in.  I have no problems with the forum.
Sound Tech
  (((O)))

petemoore59

Seemed to work better for me when I was experiencing the prob you described...['post reply=homepage]...sometimes 'cycling through' the pages and hiting post reply over againwould drop me off at the 'enter post page...sometimes it wouldn't
 Seems to be function fine for me here now though...[?]

Gil

The Tone God

If you you get kicked back to the main listing when you hit reply then you are not signed in. The auto log in feature will kick in as you initally load the forum since the cookie that logs you in automaticlly also keeps track of what messages are new since you last visited.

Check to see if your browser is accepting cookies. In Mozilla you can use the cookie manager. The forum is operating fine otherwise.

Andrew