Way Huge pcb...

Started by amz-fx, February 12, 2004, 06:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve C

Quote from: Ed RemboldA long shot I'm sure-

LM/CA3046

Ed R.

( it might be entertaining to make a BMP from a CA3046 )

http://www.intersil.com/data/fn/fn341.pdf

amz-fx

Scratch the LM324...

CA3138 or MAT04 or similar is the answer...

:)  -Jack

RobB

QuoteMost of the opamp sections have voltages like this:

Inverting input: 0.67v
Noninverting: 25mv
Output pin: 4.7v
Am I correct in assuming that pins 14 and 7 both have DC voltages of 4.7?  
Which two pins have the highest and lowest DC voltages?  

If this chip is amplifying then we need to know where the power is coming in.  At the moment I’m trying to rule out 4000 series CMOS chips like the 4041 complement buffer.  

A schematic which illustrates the mystery chip as a black box would be very helpful at this point.

AL

I think the pinout for the CA3138 is similar to the CA3046.  The MAT04 has pins 4 and 11 internally connected.

http://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/524850917MAT04_d.pdf

I hope your feeling better Jack and Happy Valentine's Day everyone - now I get to go move furniture.

AL

petemoore

The Huge Guy has us sorting out his pickles...
 This is great practice with Easter coming up !!!
 THe TRUE answers for all your questions come from within....now if I can just find the Right question...
 Well I trust that WH aka Mr Huge has hidden the prized egg where it can be found, though it may be necessary to summon all you energies together to find it, and be certain it IS the magic egg...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Can it be possible that the power connections are NOT made on the copper side of the pcb?
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

Joep

I traced out most of the schematic. The IC definately must me a "4 transistor in a DIL-14 packege". Because if you see the schem it looks very much like a Big Muff Pi.

Bye,

Joep

smoguzbenjamin

If it's a modded BMP I'd say a transistor array. But that's a wild guess. Moreover check this out:

No other transistors there either. ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Skreddy

joep, would you like to 'donate' your schematic tracing (to be posted on my Way Huge page)?

R.G.

OK, had some time to look. It's a big muff pi, using what's probably the MPQ2222 quad transistor package. See Central Semiconductors web page for the pinout of the MPQxxxx series devices.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Joep

What do you guys think?

So the IC definately must be a 4 transistor thingy in a DIL14. But what's the type......

Bye,

Joep

puretube

build a copy with IC-socket, download W. Jung`s IC Array Cookbook...

Tim Escobedo

Quote from: puretubebuild a copy with IC-socket, download W. Jung`s IC Array Cookbook...

Download?!?!

Mr.Huge

The FORCE is stong with this one (RG).

Nice Schematic Joep!

-Mr. Huge
BEN:   Mos Eisley Spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

LUKE:   But I was going into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters...

VADER:   I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Joep

Thanks Mr. Huge!

I like really like your attitude towards this!!

The Way Huge stuff is not really known in Europe (at least not to my knowledge) I went through the Way Huge website and I really like the effects.

Best regards,

Joep

csj

This is undoubtedly the coolest thread I've ever read.

petemoore

I think it is quite nice that Mr. Huge participated in this thread.
 Like any Great mystery story, this one has a a nice resolution with a new twist at the end...very nice indeed.
 Great Vibes Abound in Starque Reality !!!

petemoore

Or is that Muff in a Pickle?
 I would like to create something close to that Famous and quite sought after flavor at home.
 Now that I can have it, I want it !!!
 WaY CooL !!!

dr

......is it a CA3046 or CA3096?.......