~OT..pedal finishing...

Started by petemoore, February 16, 2004, 01:51:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemoore

I'm trying to find a very strong bleach for tiedye type effects on blue jeans.
 I tried clorox and it does almost nothing.
 I used to try clorox by accident to 'great' effect, [well not according to my mom], when I thought it would help the clothes washing so I added some to the clothes...lol...now when I put it directly to dry material and let it soak it does almost nothing...shelf life?...it can't be more than two years old...
 I also tried Lysol mildew remover...barely left a mark...I need something that can burn the color out...any ideas?
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Peter Snowberg

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but give hydrogen peroxide a try. The stuff at the drugstore is 3% but you can get 10% at beauty supply stores.

Good luck,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

petemoore

I forgot to mention I used some 'old' [1 year or more] H. Peroxide...nada...Wrangler must use some very fade resistant  dyes...lol
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

bwanasonic

The bleach should work. Have you washed the jeans since you applied the bleach? I think the bleached areas might rinse out. I didn't think bleach had a short shelf life, but you might try a fresh batch. I was just thinking of ways to cover a pedal enclosure in fabric this morning.

Kerry M

Peter Snowberg

Hydrogen peroxide has a pretty short shelf life... esp. if the container gets agitated. Give it a shot with the beauty store H2O2 and I'm sure you will get something.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation