Ludwig Phase II guitar synthesizer

Started by BRENT, February 17, 2004, 11:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRENT

I heard this on a recording and lately found out what phaser it was.  This thing sounds better than any flanger I have yet heard.  Anyway, does anyone know what phaser would be close sonically to this?  The song I heard it on is Sonic Youth's Diamond Sea on the Washing Machine album.  Thanks in advance :)

Dan N

travissk

The only thing I know about this is that it's big and really expensive. I would also like to know more info on related sounds... I guess what I'm trying to say is "bump :D"

bobbletrox

One review says the schematic is inside the unit.  You could try emailing one of the reviewers and ask them to make a copy of it.

Ry

I've got the schematic that is inside of them.  It isn't complete, however, because it doesn't show any of the multiple switch connections.  I did correspond with someone who actually owned one.  They were supremely kind and went to the trouble of tracing out the switch connections for me.  I built up the basic circuit on a breadboard and never got around to wiring up the switches or figuring out the 36 volt power supply.

I owe some other people on this forum some schematics, I can send my info out to someone if they want to work on it at the same time that I make copies of these other things.  It's not a simple circuit at all.  I think there are somewhere near 35 transistors, not an IC in the circuit.

Ry

BRENT

I have never seen one of these units, but from HC it seems there is a fuzz effect on it also.  I am only interested in building the phaser part of the circuit.   If anyone could send me the schem that would be great.  Hmm, no IC's......... :?

toneless

Diamond Sea is a wonderfull song!I didn't knew that this sound came from a flanger...!And no ic's??? :shock:

Rodgre

It's not a flanger, but more of a swept filter/phasor effect.

Picture a phasor that's way more vowelly sounding, so it ends up going "yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy"

It's very vocal/formant sounding, and not like a typical phasor. It's a very cool effect that not many other pedals with give you.

They are huge, hard to fix and way too expensive.

Line 6, are you listening?

(yes, you are! :)

Roger

Ry

How do you insert a figure when it's not on a website?  I have the schematic from the inside of the pedal but I'm not sure how to insert it in here...

Ry

BRENT

Hey Ry, could you please send the schematic to my email adress?  

Thanks for the photo link Toneless, it matchess my Ludwig gold sparkle grill drum set perfectly!

Ry

no problem, I don't see your email address listed in your profile...

Ry

BRENT

Oh man, what an oversight on my part.  Now my email is listed.  Don't know what I was thinking :oops: thanks Ry.

dr

could I get a copy as well?....I have a friend who may still have a dead one in his attic-.......hmmm.........

puretube

ah, Ry: could I enlist for that e-mail, too?

thanx in advance

puretube@freenet.de

moosapotamus

Ry - Please add me to your email list for this one, too? 8)

Thanks
~ Charlie
moosapotamus.net
"I tend to like anything that I think sounds good."

Fp-www.Tonepad.com

Ry

Schem please!

fp@tonepad.com

Thanks!
www.tonepad.com : Effect PCB Layout artwork classics and originals : www.tonepad.com

puretube

thank you, RY: now that is a nice big schematic for the reversers...

Marcos - Munky

Could you put me in the list?
munkydiy@hotmail.com

Ry

Quotenow that is a nice big schematic for the reversers...

Hahaha, yeah, it took me a LONG time to build it on a very large breadboard.

Ry