$50 chip!......Ebay

Started by Fret Wire, February 19, 2004, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fret Wire

I couldn't pass this one up. The chip has been "professionally removed". Well, that makes all the difference. Not professionally spell-checked, though. No wonder I can't get $50 for mine! I was removing them with sulfuric acid! :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3705478107&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

smoguzbenjamin

Once again an idiot and his money are easily seperated :roll:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Fret Wire

Wait a minute...I was too harsh. You also get a written report (?), AND, a photo of the chip's extraction! Would that be like watching a home movie of the wife giving birth? Besides, Fransisco did it first with the TS-9 photo essay. Those fingers are huge!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

petemoore

Not into seeking the 'Holy Grail' of TS's. Whatever that is...
 I for one happen to like 'some' Morphed chips. Picky I guess.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Fret Wire

If someone does pay $50, I'll make that joke about sulfuric acid a reality. I'll acid dip the pins to "relic" them and sell them as pulls from perfectly good "holy grail" pedals. For another $50, I'll professionally install them (no superglue, it cuts treble).  BTW, is a pull from a vintage pedal less questionable than a "questionable NOS chip"?
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

casey

Casey Campbell

Paul Marossy

I just bought it! It's a good deal, right? Just kidding...

What next?!?  :roll:

David

That individual expects someone to pay $50 or more for a 4558?
Sorry, but ROFL! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

smoguzbenjamin

I can get em for free as a sample ;)

gorohon

Well, if any of you are interested, I painstakingly hand-craft each of my JRC4558's in my cleanroom downstairs.  Unfortunately, there is only a limited number of these left.  Due to the scale of the chip, it has left my hands crippled with arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.  I have also developed a rare eye disorder as a result, nanoptic myopia--I can now only see molecules and am permanently %^&*-eyed.  Profits from these chips will go directly to the Nanoptic Myopia Research Society.  Please help.  These chips will go on auction at Ebay. I'm asking for a reserve of $500 for one chip.  Remember, if you want the Pope's hat of tone, act fast.  These are shiznastic!!!
"Come on in...I've got caaandy!" H.S.

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminI can get em for free as a sample ;)
Yes, but they haven't been wave soldered and then hand unsoldered "professionally". :lol:

I wonder if the pedal it came from was sold with a replacement JRC4558?

-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Fret Wire

Quote from: gorohonI'm asking for a reserve of $500 for one chip.  Remember, if you want the Pope's hat of tone, act fast.  These are shiznastic!!!

Will it include a written report and photos of something being "professionally extracted"? :roll:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

smoguzbenjamin

Quote from: Peter SnowbergI wonder if the pedal it came from was sold with a replacement JRC4558?

It would be really funny if that was true :mrgreen:

Fret Wire

Quote from: Peter SnowbergI wonder if the pedal it came from was sold with a replacement JRC4558?

Pete, you're on to something. Ibenez says the JRC4558's in the new 808 reissues are individually tested to be in-spec. So put one of those in a "24-ish" year old 808.....AND STAND BACK!!!

OLD-NEW-RE-OLD-ISSUE HOLY GRAIL!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Paul Marossy

It probably came from a cheap clock radio from the 70's.
Thrift store gold!  :shock:

Ansil

shoot i got four or five of these from an old rca radio that i "professionally removed" time to get an ebay selling account..

gorohon

You know, most of my brand-name pedals have JRC4558D's in them.  I'll never understand what the big whoopdie-do was about how rare these chips are.  I would not have a problem putting NJM455D's for a whole $0.40 a shot.  I bet a blindfold test would show no discernable variation to most ears.  But, as for my special hand made "Pope Hat Deluxe" series opamps, they're a virtual thermonic valve, sandwiched between layers of the purest long-grain silicone.  I've also made sure that the leads had the optimal gold content for better conductivity.  One of the nicest features of my chips is that when viewed through an electron microscope, that it is also a snow globe which features a hologram of Stevie Ray Vaugn performing Texas Flood.  As for documentation--pictures and such--of my "process" that I use to create and handle these chips, I simply require that you relax and I will send you all the information that you need through telepathy.  While I'm no professional, like this world renowned seller on Ebay, I did have a visitation from an angel of God that declared me "Lord of Mojo".  I figure that desparation, chicanery, and audiophillic delusions would make you more than qualified to be on par of this guy's level of professional standards.
"Come on in...I've got caaandy!" H.S.

brett

I wonder if he'll give you your money back when you tell him it didn't stand the test against a $2 NE5532.
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

Fret Wire

Only if you used vintage 80's solder. :shock:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)