Who has the best wah inductors and pots??

Started by 1wahfreak, February 22, 2004, 10:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1wahfreak

Just trying to get some opinions on who has the best wah parts for sale. I have never heard Stuart Castledine's stuff so I can't say for sure. I prefer Teese over Fulltone but Teese is not selling his parts anymore. Anybody have experience in this area??

arielfx

stuart is the man for inductors - he's are the best I ever heard.
for pots I would recoment the blacktop pro pot - these are great and seem to last well. many people sell them, including myself, I am importing them to Israel.

aron

From that post earlier, it seems the red fasel is the best sounding according to that one poster. Anyone else try the red one vs. yellow?

Stuart

Thanks Tom :)

Here are a couple of clips, courtesy of Ampage regular Ian Anderson:
http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/sounds.html

Stuart

phillip

I'll second the vote for Stuart :)  Top notch construction and an all around great sounding inductor...you won't find a better one anywhere.

Phillip

Davefx

I'm with Phillip, in fact it was Phillip's wonderful Fuzz Central site that turned me on to Stuart's wares. My Teese Picture Wah was great, but my Vox re-issue with Stuart's parts is THE BEST wah I've ever had and   heard!

Hats off to Stuart!!!! 8)
Dave

Bill_F

Yep, another vote for Stuart. Great products, great guy.

1wahfreak

Thanks guys.  :D I just sent him an email inquiring about parts. I'll post pics and stuff when I get it built. This place rocks!!!!!!

Craig V

What would be the best inductor Small Bear sells?  They don't have Stuart's there.  SB sells:

Fulltone
Dunlop Red Fasel
Dunlop Yellow Fasel
Original Dunlop

If Stuart started selling through SB or an American distributor, I would be all over that (no credit card = no paypal..)

Thanks.

phillip

You can use PayPal without a credit card, you just have to have a checking account.  You can either send an echeck, or you can transfer funds from your checking account to your PayPal account.

Phillip

Chris Goodson

Hey 1wahfreak, how much did shipping it cost you?  If you don't mind me asking.

Manolo Dudes

Quote from: Bill_FYep, another vote for Stuart. Great products, great guy.

And a pleasure to deal with him, too!  8)  Very supportive and knowledgeable.
a.k.a. "Calambres" in www.pisotones.com

1wahfreak

I'm waiting for Stuart to get back to me. I'll let you know as soon as I figure out what I need and how much shipping is.

RDV

Quote from: aronFrom that post earlier, it seems the red fasel is the best sounding according to that one poster. Anyone else try the red one vs. yellow?
I've got the red one in my homade wah & it sounds very nice. Nice smooth vocal sweep.

Regards

RDV

1wahfreak

Would I be correct in assuming that I could purchase a few different inductors and just swap them in and out with out changing any other componants? I could socket the inductor and transistors and switch between them to find "my" magic combination. Stuart has special wound inductors for the "03" versions as well as the Halo so it might be worth it to try both and maybe a fasel too.