Bartolini Tube-It

Started by Rodgre, March 03, 2004, 05:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

I can't say I ever heard one.... I don't even know if they sound any good, but I always wondered whether there was a schematic or at least an idea about what was going on in this pedal out there.

Anyone have one? Have a schematic?

Roger

Rodgre

excuse me. Did I just BUMP you?

Roger

Darren N

I've looked inside one of these, it has some form of protection against copying on the circuit (can't remember exactly what though, some kind of resin block I think). I didn't actually plug it in though, which is a sad reflection on how I've come to be - I don't care what it sounds like, just what technology it uses  :?

Rodgre

Thanks Darren.

That would explain it's elusiveness. I heard it sounded pretty good from Art Thompson's Stompbox Stampede article in Guitar Player, but that article also gave "bad" descriptions of some of my favorites, so I can't judge.

"Bartolini Tube-It. Designed to emulate a Marshall JCM 800, the Tube-It delivers gutsy drive and tons of treble bite. It can sound like an Ibanez TS-9 on sustain steroids, and when the effect is switched out, the signal goes through an impedance buffer for a cleaner, brighter, straight-through sound. Doubles as a cool line-driver, and features a three-position boost switch to augment its treble, bass, sustain and output knobs. Those wishing to tame the Bart's zingy top end can install a cap as large as .047µfd across the output jack. "

Roger