WHY do the professional effectsdesigners come to this place?

Started by Lurco, March 17, 2004, 05:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurco

Marcos - Munky

Maybe it's because this is the best place to talk about effects, and you can make lots of friends here. And people post their opinions about effects and how to improve them too.

niftydog

manufacturers get an idea of what is the latest "must-have" effect.  And a lot of us have bought thousands of dollars worth of equipment from these people; It pays to know what your good customers are saying about your products and what they are looking for next.
niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Lurco

gez

Look through the archives/stick around here long enough and once in a while you'll see the big guys bandy ideas around...seems that they benefit from coming here too!
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

MarkB

1. good feedback from people who really understand and use effects
2. good place to bounce/test ideas
3. good place to get ideas
4. good place to see what others are doing
5. just a darn nice place to hang out online.
"-)

Samuel

Also, I'd imagine like any geeky hobby (or business I suppose) it's nice to have a place to shop-talk about it. I've glazed over many an eyeball talking to my friends about pedal building, or drumming, or guitar playing, or computer programming, etc etc etc...Sometimes you just need a place to geek out where everybody knows (if not your name ;)) just what you're talking about.

Tim Escobedo

Paul Marossy

That's what I was gonna say, Tim, but I didn't want to sound like I was accusing anyone.

HarmonyCentral.com seems to be a good resource, but IMO, you sure have to wade thru a lot of BS to try to get a real idea of how a product really stacks up.

MarkB

I tried to be tactful by saying 'good place to GET ideas'

*cough* creamy dreamer *cough*
"-)

Hal

its because _i'm_ here, and I'm cool.

I'm sure there are a lot who also are purely interested, and realize that there's tons left to learn.  Think about it, most of us are the kinds of people who would love to do this stuff for a living.  And even if you are, it doesn't make you a genious all of a sudden.

MarkB

..or in Zach's case... to watch people fight over his schematics
"-)

Paul Marossy

The Tone God

Quote from: zachary vexto get abused.

ROFL!!!!! :lol: There there, some of us still love you...but not in that way. :oops:

Andrew

Tim Escobedo

Quote from: zachary vexto get abused.

You love it and you know it!

ExpAnonColin

In some cases to steal ideas, like myself, of course, and in other cases to contribute.

-Colin

Lurco

QuoteTim Escobedo
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To steal ideas.

Put on your tinfoil hats!

Paul Marossy
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I was gonna say, Tim, but I didn't want to sound like I was accusing anyone.

QuoteI stick up for you when I can, Z.

:?:  :?:

Ansil

Quote from: Tim EscobedoTo steal ideas.

Put on your tinfoil hats!

exactly we all know of a particular builder who isn't big time yet but does sell out quickly of his "cloned pedals"

Lurco

Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistIn some cases to steal ideas, like myself, of course, and in other cases to contribute.

-Colin

Maybe to prevent scenarios like this from another recent thread?
QuoteThese guys obviously visit this forum and don't mind ripping off the people who are regulars. They have original schematics from a variety of our forumites posted,