2 pre's and an amp?

Started by bluesy, March 28, 2004, 11:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesy

New guy here. Hope someone might be able to answer this one or steer me in the right direction. Here goes. I use a stereo tube power amp for guitar.Into a stereo 4X10 cab. Guitar goes into a A/B pedal. "A" goes to a multi-effect device with pre-amp settings. "B" goes to a separate pre-amp. Both got to the 4X10 cab. Nice to have use of two differently voiced pre-amps (or both) at the push of a button. The problem is that I would like to add the ability to utilize a completely different combo amp either with the "A/and /or B" scenario  or by itself without re-plugging things. (Perhaps an "A/B/C?"?
Morley makes something that does this- the george lynch tripler. It has a pot that's supposed to allow you to make up some of the loss when running all three devices at once. Question is-- can I modify the current A/B device that I now have to be an A/B/C device? Ya think that the Morley thing actually works ok? Can't find any good reviews on the item. Any help would be appreciated.

Ansil

so question u want switch C to be the preamp of the combo into yoru power amp or just use the combo by itself??

smoguzbenjamin

I think seperate combo is what he means Ansil.

Bluesy, welcome to the forum! :)
You want a switcher that switches between A, B or C but never two at a time right? Just the single choice of Multi-FX, premap, seperate combo. I'm not sure how to do this. You'd have to buffer the signal first I think, then use a transformer on A/B/C to make sure you don't get any ground problems... I ain't sure, but it's late here, so I'm tired. If I come up with an ingenious switching scheme I'll post back ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

bluesy

Basically, I want to select 'A' and get multi-effects/pre unit >power amp >speakers. Select 'B' and get separate pre-amp>power amp>speakers. Select 'C' and get a separate combo amp . Ideally, I'd like to be able to use 'A', 'B', OR/AND 'C' without guitar signal loss. The Morley George Lynch Tripler pedal is supposed to allow this type of selection, with the addition of a "boost" knob to up the signal when running all three scenarios at the same time. I was hoping that there was a way to modify my existing Morley A/B/Y pedal to do the same thing. Right now I'm doing the 'A/B' thing-- I just want to add a combo to the nightmare.