Onboard booster wiring question

Started by kitdean, March 25, 2004, 10:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitdean

I am thinking of mounting an LPB-1 or AMZ Mini-booster in my strat.

Can anyone tell me how, once I remove the input jack from the equation (the layout I have is for the box-mounted booster), do I wire the pickups or volume pots to feed into the preamp board (i.e., what will input wiring look like?)?

Any info, even if it does not apply to the LPB or AMZ FET booster, but to some other booster, is appreciated.

rhinson

hello there,  just unhook the wire from your current guitar jack  and pretend this is the "in" wire to your dpdt true bypass switch, if you're looking at it from a stompbox perspective.  then, all else is the same as if your building it as a stompbox, but it's in your guitar instead (i would use a dpdt minitoggle to true bypass it in your guitar).  a new wire will be the "out" from your dpdt toggle and go to your new replacement stereo jack, which will switch your battery on/off when you plug your cord in.   it's really just the same as doing a stompbox, except your guitar input cord is now your old internal jack wire. hope this helps.     rh

kitdean

Thank you! That is very helpful.

Lonehdrider

I've had the pickguard off my strat before to change pickups and change pickguard (have a nice Fender copper mother of toilet seat one on there now on a natural blonde strat that looks stunning), but I don't recall... Is there room enough without any additional routing to put a small board in there, I'd like to do likewise maybe a small mini DPDT toggle on the pickguard with a small fuzz or lpb1, and what about the battery replacement, PITA or not? (guess it could be done when changing strings since I do that frequently).. I know, I could unscrew the darn thing and look, but just in case anyone knows and saves me the time of doing it.. :D

Regards,

Lone
With all the dozen's of blues songs that start "Gonna get up in the morning" , its a fact that blues musicians are apparently the only ones that actually get up in the MORNING...