DigiTech XP-100 schematic (anyone interested?)

Started by loki, March 29, 2004, 08:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davide

i'd like to see it !

bardon@libero.it

Arno van der Heijden

Me too please?  :D

<email address removed>

Marcos - Munky

travissk

I'd be interested in seeing how they work, out of curiousity
travissk@yahoo.com

But doesn't it use some sort of proprietary DSP chip? I have a Digitech RP-12 that I really only use for the whammy function (I should get rid of it, it's incredibly bulky), and it uses an S-DISC processor.

Still, it's a pretty cool effect and it would be interesting to see how whatever parts that are analog or duplicatable actually work.

bombdizzle

Maneco

The board for the whole xp family is the same,the difference between the xp100 and the xp300 space station is the number of ram chips and the stereo switching fets...believe me...i got an xp100 as a present from a friend, expression pedal not working...fixed it,and borrowed the space station from another guy...soldered sockets on my xp 10,copied the eprom and now i have a switchable xp100/xp300,by selecting the CE pin by a switch before power up...but it uses a tms5707 dsp chp,that i culd not find anywhere... :cry: i would like to buid a backup...

RDV

Quote from: travisskBut doesn't it use some sort of proprietary DSP chip? I have a Digitech RP-12 that I really only use for the whammy function (I should get rid of it, it's incredibly bulky), and it uses an S-DISC processor.
I love my RP-12, the whammy is good, the delays and harmonizer rock too. Spend some quality programing time with it and it will pay off. The auto & pedal wahs and phaser sucks though!

Regards

RDV

12afael

Marcos - Munky

TheBigMan

travissk

Quote from: RDVI love my RP-12, the whammy is good, the delays and harmonizer rock too. Spend some quality programing time with it and it will pay off. The auto & pedal wahs and phaser sucks though!

Regards

RDV

I agree with you 100%, I love my RP-12 as well, but it's just so big for what I personally use it for (in a live situation, just the whammy and sometimes harmonizers). With some tweaking there are some really cool effects in there, especially when you use the expression pedal for things that it doesn't seem to be made for. Completely agree with you on the auto-wah/pedal wah sucking :).

I actually didn't mean I'd really get rid of it, just find a way to eliminate it from my main pedal setup. It really does double the size of what I have around my feet, and from the jams I've done recently I don't get a chance to use the Whammy as much as I'd like.

To everyone else - I got it for under $100 shipped last year, and in my opinion they are a very good bargain for what you get. I haven't used an RP-50 or one of the newer units that a lot of people seem to be buying, but from what I've read the RP-10, 12, 20, etc are much more studio-quality units. So long as you use the unit in addition to some good pedals, it's a really nice bargain... Whammy, 1.5 Second Sampler, multi-tap delays, and even intelligent harmonizing for around the $100 mark. Much less than you'll pay for a WH-4, which of course only does the Whammy thing.

strungout

Just a thnx for sending/forwarding the schematic my way :D This is definately gonna be a very long time project.

Ciao.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

ryanscissorhands

I would like the schematic as well, in spite of the fact that I am incompetent. But some of my friends are nt, so I will send it along to them. Anyone know if it's th full one, and how well it works?

RDV

Quote from: travisskI agree with you 100%, I love my RP-12 as well, but it's just so big for what I personally use it for (in a live situation, just the whammy and sometimes harmonizers). With some tweaking there are some really cool effects in there, especially when you use the expression pedal for things that it doesn't seem to be made for. Completely agree with you on the auto-wah/pedal wah sucking :).
I actually didn't mean I'd really get rid of it, just find a way to eliminate it from my main pedal setup. It really does double the size of what I have around my feet, and from the jams I've done recently I don't get a chance to use the Whammy as much as I'd like.
It gets in my way too. I usually keep it to my left, where I have to turn to face it, so I can have my regular pedals & amp channel switcher in front of me. My JCM900 50watt Dual Reverb sounds like crap without it(RP-12). I'd have to get a much better amp to do without it. The EQ settings are crucial. In the studio recently, I had to bring it in and turn off all the effects so I could at least have the EQ boost in the loop of the amp.

Regards

RDV

ExpAnonColin

Me too please:

colin@experimentalistsanonymous.com

-Colin

{ antonio }

i would like a copy if you dont mind.

boaz@inallhissplendour.com

thanks.
shalom + godspeed.  antonio.
www.myspace.com/magnificat

Marcos - Munky

TheBigMan

Could you resnd it to me please?

elfury@btinternet.com

Lurco

Hoping you don`t mind sending one to me, too?

Lurco2004@aol.com

thanks!

BillyJ

I'd like to see it if possible.
stinkyfeet73@hotmail.com