News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

micro synth

Started by freeradical24, March 29, 2004, 10:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freeradical24

anyone know where to find a schematic for the eh micro synth(the guitar one).thanks

djmartins2

Hi,

The schematic is out there in a few places.
What I'd like to find is a good pcb layout of this!
Anyone?

regards,
Doug

freeradical24

.i second that.im still a newbie and im sure this ones going to be harrowing.
to expensive not to build though.

swt

I have the layout/pcbs, but were made by bill bergman. We should better ask him for permission before sending to anyone. Bill??.
It works ok using his pcbs, but i have to correct the schem because it has some errors. If you want the schem, i can email it to you, just send me your email addresses.

BillyJ

Man BIll I know I would LOVE to have a layout to use for this build.
What a fun box this one is!!  :D

Basonsubatomia

Same here, except the bass version... I'm sure it's just a few things here and there that I could figure out... looking at the schematic and thinking of a good PCB layout is boggling for my beginner's mind.

Nick123

I  would  like  corrected  micro  synth  schematics  too.
Thanks  in  advance.

kdawg

I have a Bass Microsynth.. I got schematic PDFs from http://www.harpamps.com/schematics - are those pretty close? I wanted to know the differences between the bass and guitar microsynth, according to these schematics, 1 resistor and 3 capacitors. I wanted to add a switch on mine so I could use it with guitar too.

Anyone else know if that's all I would need? I don't have a guitar microsynth to check it out.

-kdawg

Bill Bergman

SWT,
if you have the layout I made please feel free to distribute it. I can't remember if it had been corrected to fix the errors in the schematic.

mikeb

Quote from: kdawgI have a Bass Microsynth.. I got schematic PDFs from http://www.harpamps.com/schematics - are those pretty close? I wanted to know the differences between the bass and guitar microsynth, according to these schematics, 1 resistor and 3 capacitors. I wanted to add a switch on mine so I could use it with guitar too.

Anyone else know if that's all I would need? I don't have a guitar microsynth to check it out.

I modded a guitar MS for bass just by changing the value of those caps - they improve the tracking in the lower octave, so going back the other way should work fine also. Didn't notice the resistor value difference though!

Mike

toneless

Quote from: swtI have the layout/pcbs, but were made by bill bergman. We should better ask him for permission before sending to anyone. Bill??.quote]

A layout for the micro synth?!
I hope this will be posted soon... :)
Does it have any unusual parts?

swt

ok!!. I'll need all your emails in this thread so i can make a chain mail, with the pcbs, schem and corrections. Maybe someone can host it for a while, with Bill approval. One thing is email exchanging of ckts, another completely different, to post it freely on the net. Ask Bill about host, or else, post you addresses, and wait...
this is a very interesting and useful project. Feel free to ask me about debugging, etc. good luck!!

Marcos - Munky

Please put me in the list.
munkydiy@hotmail.com if the files are only images or munkydiy@bol.com.br if the files include pdf, zip and others.

Gringo

Me too!!

gringo@gring0.cjb.net

Thanks in advance!
Cut it large, and smash it into place with a hammer.
http://gringo.webhop.net

Kaiowas

I'd want it too!!
kaiowas2@hotmail.com

Thanks!
"De quién era la piragua?!"

Kaiowas

MartyB

I'd like one also.

martybuchanan@charter.net

I have some space on my freewebs site if you don't have another offer for a placeto post it.

djmartins2

Bahahah!

I see I started something!
I swear Bill B must have put a lot of time
into making a layout for this beastie.
Here is my email address:

djmartins2 AT comcast.net

Would it be too much to hope it was done in Eagle PCB?
Then I can fire it out to my OLD DXY-800 straight to
blank copper!

I think would be a great (but complex!) DIY pedal,
especially since I'd like to find some GOOD slide
pots to make one with!

thanks Bill!!!!

Doug

Bill Bergman

If I recall, swt showed me some mods that really brought more life to mine. If some one can host it I have some pictures of the DIY unit also.

freeradical24

.i would host your pics.but im not clear on how. do you just put [img]on both sides of the address?