flashing LED EA tremelo problems again.. voltages posted

Started by nightingale, April 06, 2004, 09:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightingale

this circuit has been giving me alot of problems~
so i put it on the shelf for a while.. i built it eacltly to the specs at: http://runoffgroove.com/eatremolo.html

it's the one with the flashing LED..(gez's mods)..

i just got some higher gain tranny's in the mail 2n5089/88... i thought i might not be getting Q3 to kickstart the oscilator.. but the high gain tranny's arent doing the trick either..

here are some voltages of the 2n5089 in the Q3 position:

2n5089: hfe 753

battery: 9.47v

C:         6.61
B:         2.18
E:          5.95-6.0 not stable...

drain of the mosfet:   4.49v

i'm really stumped here, i am building this for a friend.. any help would be appreciated..
thanks,
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

B Tremblay

First, is there any signal making it out of the circuit?  Are you sure of the orientation of each transistor?

The emitter of Q3 should be at zero volts since it connects to ground.  Check the wiring around there.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

RDV

What type caps are you using for the 1uF?

Regards

RDV

nightingale

thanks guys~
i get a signal, that will even go louder than unity.. but no trem!
i will do downstairs and look at the tranny wiring again.

rdv~
i am using iuf electros..
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

nightingale

ok ok~
i forgot to ground Q3..:oops:  thanks a million B..! i guess it's been a while since i've built on perf.. kinda used to all of the offboard connections  coming off the top off the board(PCB style)..

actually, i can't beleive how damn good this little trem sounds, it's really quiet, and the trem effect is very authentic.. nice project B..!
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

gez

Glad you got it going Ryan, but just for the record the LED mod isn't mine, I merely suggested using a MOSFET for the amp.
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

B Tremblay

I'm glad you figured it out!  This a great example of why posting voltages helps tremendously.
B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com