OT: You know you're an FX geek when...

Started by Jim Jones, April 19, 2004, 11:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Hammer

...when you notice the license plate on the car ahead of you at the stop light says NKT 275 (or AC 128, or CE 1, or MN 3205, etc) and your heart starts going a little faster.

...when you wonder what the taper of the pot is on your girlfriend's deluxe vibrator.

....when you come to love Bollywood movies because of the "warm analog delay" in all the musical numbers.

....when you buy tuna just because the tins make such great enclosures.

....when you realize you've spent more in 9v batteries last month than your old heroin addiction.

....when you start sobbing like a baby when your wife gives you a bottle of tinning solution for your 20th wedding anniversary.

....when its 11PM and a tough choice as to whether you should take advantage of how hot your iron is or how hot your partner is.

jrc4558

Quote...when you notice the license plate on the car ahead of you at the stop light says NKT 275 (or AC 128, or CE 1, or MN 3205, etc) and your heart starts going a little faster.

...when you wonder what the taper of the pot is on your girlfriend's deluxe vibrator.
HELL YESSS!!!!!!!!

smoguzbenjamin

...when you're underage and therefore decide to build your own deluxe vibrator ;)
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Fret Wire

Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

puretube

my car wears "EH 16" (fill in: second delay...)

(couldn`t get: ECC83 or 12AX7, LOL)

Hal

Quote from: Fret WireWhen you look at your girlfriend, and wonder if Burr-Brown makes anything to decrease her hiss and noise factor. :D

Then you look at her again, and you wonder what diodes would increase her "drive". :twisted:

AWE MANNN thats HILLARIOUS!!!

Transmogrifox

...at 2:00AM, you begin wondering if there's something edible inside the leaded plastic packages that you have soldered onto a perf board in the last 11 hours.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

GuitarLord5000

When you buy so much fabric to cover your pedals that your wife starts calling you Martha Stewart.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

Doug B.

When you DREAM you're walking the copper traces of a circuit board... and looking for a better route!  

- Doug B.

csj

...when you submit a post to diystompboxes.com and you wake up in the morning to find that its had 15 hits and you slowly realize that it was you who got up 14 times that night to view it.

Mark Hammer

Now THAT'S funny and painfully true all at once.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

You are wise, my friend.

Nasse

... when you have better selection of components than local shop...
  • SUPPORTER

Paul Marossy

you look at your daughter's toys that make noise and wonder what is inside that you could recycle for your new effect...

GuitarLord5000

You buy your son 5 flashing ring pops because you think you can salvage the red blinking LED's from them.
Life is like a box of chocolates.  You give it to your girlfriend and she eats up the best pieces and throws the rest away.

RDV

Transmogrifox

You buy a Sobe drink that comes in the metal bottle because you think you can incorporate it into a guitar effect somehow.
trans·mog·ri·fy
tr.v. trans·mog·ri·fied, trans·mog·ri·fy·ing, trans·mog·ri·fies To change into a different shape or form, especially one that is fantastic or bizarre.

puretube

Quote from: RDV...come here.

RDV

...stay here.  :)

smoguzbenjamin

... when you have the diystompboxes.com forum as your internet explorer startup page :mrgreen:
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Paul Marossy

you buy cans of tuna for next effect's enclosure...

Nasse

Quoteyou buy cans of tuna for next effect's enclosure...

There is a cool looking box of SPAM at supermarket next to tuna and sardines... Dont know if I can eat SPAM but that would be a cool distortion box, real spammer... Tuna can might be cool for fuzzface anyway, but maybe SPAM for some heavier metal sound... (edited: some day I can not resist myself, I will buy it anyway)
  • SUPPORTER