This is funny...

Started by SaBer, May 04, 2004, 12:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaBer

http://www.vansevers.com/musicians.html

QuoteThe 4 gauge VansEvers' Green Mamba AC Power Cord offers the musician an extremely warm yet focused tone with an emphasis in the lower midrange frequencies (giving it a nice rich sound). The high end remains clean and clear without any trace of harshness while the low end reveals a solid punch without muddiness. This is the AC cable to use if you want to warm up your sound and add sonic detail at the same time. Your instrument will come through the on-stage mix with greater midrange focus, richness, and clarity.

Yes, an AC-cord that makes your tone richer.
Only 375$!!!  And lotsa other ridiculous stuff also... :D
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Mike Nichting

And here I thought it was the knobs for the pots that provide the awesome tone~!!!
Learn something new every day,huh??!!
My power cord is on order~!!!
:lol:  :lol:
mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Torchy

Check out the "resonators".
I fitted a shower at the weekend and threw away £1000's worth of "resonators". Unbelievable - must be a wind-up. :lol:

claydavis

hmm, i hope it's long enough that you don't have to use any tone-sucking orange extension cords.

Ge_Whiz

Isn't it strange how these tone-beating AC cables never turn out to be the dirt-cheap ones sold at car boot sales in packs of ten?

My favourite was from some years ago - a device looking remarkably like a small paintbrush, which, when used to delicately sweep all the statically-attracted dust from all mains and loudspeaker wires in the vicinity, totally removed the crackle and distortion of the signal caused by the electric field of the charged dust. A team of hi-fi journalists solidly testified that there was no doubt that fidelity was markedly improved by this procedure. Of course, the brush bristles had to come from the rare Patagonian left-handed anteater, and be mounted on a handle of sapient pearwood by virgins at midnight, a fact reflected in the price.

Anyway, all these claims are true. It's those knobs that are a fake, because everyone knows that a true hi-fi amp has a one-valve 50mW Class A output, and no knobs at all.

Mark Hammer

You know, some people can be so blind.  No one has even asked about the damn AC wall socket you plug the power cord into.  As if a $375 power cord is going to be in any position to make a difference plugged into a $2.59 AC socket from Lowe's or Home Depot.

And what about that godawful cable running from the power-line transformer to your house?

If you ask me, there oughta be one special "low-noise" hydroelectric dam with its own powergrid where you can purchase "priority power" at premium rates. :wink:

claydavis

Quote from: Mark HammerYou know, some people can be so blind.  No one has even asked about the damn AC wall socket you plug the power cord into.  As if a $375 power cord is going to be in any position to make a difference plugged into a $2.59 AC socket from Lowe's or Home Depot.

luckily, i live in an old house with super-scary yet audio-friendly cloth covered wiring, and mostly ungrounded outlets that pre-date home improvement superstores. i'm sold. where's my credit card?

petemoore

That wiring with the insulation from 1932, that cracks off it you touch it...Vintage Mojo like crazy...don't ever touch it or replace it...where it's already been touched and is cracking off and exposing the live wires...that's ok...just don't touch it NOW, because that wont become a 'Vintage' insulation 'break' [notice I don't use the word failure] for another ten years, and will negate all mojo acquired up to this point.
 Only amps assembled in the USA will show any benefits from the vintage broken wire mojo. Twelve Virgins [minimum] yield of oxnard extract, if enough to cover just the parts of the wire you can see, Will increase Your Mojo, and will release a wonderful scent should any arcing, or fire occur.
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

Alex C

I like their technical explanation:

"How does it do this? We work in the mechanical-resonant realm. In so doing, we have developed a working theory that produces repeatable results. We don’t know for sure why it works, just that it does! "

I don't know about you guys, but I'm sold!

Alex

Peter Snowberg

So now who's going to tell these people that they'll need to run #4 feeds (at least) from the breaker panel to their amplifier. If there's any distance, maybe they need 4/0 :D. Forget the idea of plugs... 4/0 Twecos all around! Might as well do it three phase too.  :roll:

Time to put on the electrician hat.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: Ge_Whiz...mounted on a handle of sapient pearwood ....

That's what they should do to these rip-off merchants  :P

Samuel

Quote from: Mark Hammer
If you ask me, there oughta be one special "low-noise" hydroelectric dam with its own powergrid where you can purchase "priority power" at premium rates. :wink:

No, no, no, no, no. For true low noise power you need to have a gas generator running the shortest possible cord length directly to the amp (93 octane auto fuel only, please). Lord only knows what the heathens of the outside world are plugging into the grid.

puretube

wrong:
not the shortest cord: beware of standing waves!!!
the audiophilest power cord`s length should always be an odd
multiple of the wavelength of all the frequencies being processed
by the equipment...  :lol:

Samuel

Hell, why don't we just integrate the generator?

casey

Quote from: Peter SnowbergSo now who's going to tell these people that they'll need to run #4 feeds (at least) from the breaker panel to their amplifier. If there's any distance, maybe they need 4/0 :D. Forget the idea of plugs... 4/0 Twecos all around! Might as well do it three phase too.  :roll:

Time to put on the electrician hat.

Take care,
-Peter

i wonder if anyone sells silver romex?  :lol:
Casey Campbell

puretube

Quote from: SamuelHell, why don't we just integrate the generator?

be sure to run it on 33 1/3rd, or 44.1 ...

Samuel

Quote from: puretubebe sure to run it on 33 1/3rd, or 44.1 ...

haha! nice.

Samuel

PS I'm going to make a fortune inventing the first gas generator with a SMPTE connection.

puretube

...be sure to MIDIfy it though, for us oldies!
(at least MTC synch.)