Excellent enclosures found on eBay! (SOLD OUT)

Started by ExpAnonColin, May 06, 2004, 08:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpAnonColin

Edit: I've SOLD all of the enclosures I wanted to-I need to keep a few for myself!  Thanks for helping ease the price of these a tiny bit, guys!  Everyone who has contacted me to this point will get what they ordered, but I can't send anymore or I won't have enough for myself!

So I'm glad the guy relisted it after the first time since I missed it the firs time.  I ended up buying a lot of 25 of these babys.  They are grey in color on the top (spraypainted, textured), silver on the bottom, and black on the rims (the plastic gaskets, as you could call them) and silver on the sides.  They are metal all around, there is no unprotected or unenclosed part-the plastic is just for protection of the edges.  Here are some pictures:

All of the parts layed out.

All the parts flipped over.  Note the already-included rubber feet :)

The bottom plate goes on by sliding into the top.

They have PCB mounts, which I imagine will come to be very useful.  It's about 3.75 inches.

After one side is assembled, the bottom can slide in and out.  Looks sort of like a drawer.  You can't do it when both sides are assembled because then the box is sort of locked into place, but it's pretty nifty just in general.  The things are very sturdy when fully assembled.

Here's a size comparison to a 1590bb.  They're about 1/4" larger on all sides, and slightly taller.  It would be perfect if they were just a hair taller, but it will help me learn to make only 2 "levels" of parts.

Here's an example showing how much you can put on the top of the box.  Note that these are very large knobs-I imagine you could fit 4-6 potentiometers across if you squeezed.

Here's the picture from the auction-see, the top is grey, not orange.  We have the funkiest lighting in this house.  The thing is-the sides are aluminum, silver metal with mine, unlike the black plastic looking style on these.

A diagram from the Lansing enclosures site showing how they are put together.

And here's the amazingly well packed box they came in.  25 of them.

They are Lansing MicroPak enclosures, CQ1 or CE1 style.  4.17inches in width and 1.52 inches in height, according to the site.  You can download technical literature here: http://www.lansing-enclosures.com/main/media/micropak_c_techdata.pdf

Edit: SOLD OUT! Thanks guys!

-Colin

Yuan Han

nice writeup and pictures !

The metal looks like steel, is it ?

I once had a steel enclosure (the first pedal i built, Tweak-O), which i had ALOT of problems drilling........ keeps flaring, but thats just me with my powerdrill and a G-clamp.

Han

Paul Marossy

Those look like cool alternatives to the old std. Hammond 1590BB...

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: Yuan Hannice writeup and pictures !

The metal looks like steel, is it ?

I once had a steel enclosure (the first pedal i built, Tweak-O), which i had ALOT of problems drilling........ keeps flaring, but thats just me with my powerdrill and a G-clamp.

Han

To be honest, I'm not sure-could go either way.  It's less think and just as sturdy as the 1590BBs, so that's totally possible.

-Coiln

ExpAnonColin

OK guys, I've totally sold out, I edited the posts appropiately as well.  Thanks again!

-Colin

el duderino

they look cool let us know if you get more
you can keep my finger nails clean