I'm at artist at Ubisoft. I create environments like this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{DIY blog}
{www.dronecloud.org}

Apehouse

Quote from: cloudscapes on August 25, 2008, 07:37:25 PM
I'm at artist at Ubisoft. I create environments like this

WoW, very cool! and impressive.
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music" -Aldous Huxley

ianmgull

I'm a guitar teacher working on my degree in audio production, thinking about electrical engineering. As long as there are hacks on MTV, I will always have work!!!   :D

Branimir

I have no clue what am I or my occupation is, I'm 27 and I manage to pay the rent at the end of the month, bills too, and work as a Sound Engineer for a nationally known band, sometimes there is too much gigs to work per month and sometimes there are few, so income varies... Used to work at a local radio station (sound tech also), pose nude for art classes, sell instument at the music shop (parallel with the nude art classes), studied philosophy and czech language but never made it till graduation, worked at a club as a house sound engineer for 3 years and now, after the club closed I'm working with the before mentioned band.

Also have a band of my own, that tries to put up records and tour Europe, and with a couple of friends trying to make something out of our little record label...

Been into DIY since 1999, my high school was electronics orientated so all my basic skills came from there, actually from my dad, I was usually a bit faster then the school programme heh...

Some people say I live rock'n'roll and live off of music, and that is basically true. In some point in my life I just decided I'm gonna do only things that I like doing, so no regular job for me, 9 to 5 working hours - I kinda expelled that from my life heh...

It's easy now, when I'm 27, in a couple of years? Who knows, I hope I'll be able to tour with my band extensively throughout the year so that would be my err... "job".
Umor

Built: Fuzz Face, Small Stone, Trem Lune, Fet Muff, Big Muff (green), Fuxx Face, Son of Screamer, Rat, Rebote 2.5, Opamp Big Muff, EA Tremolo, Easyvibe, Axis Face Si

asfastasdark

Hm... Don't have a job. I wish I could get into a home-made boutique pedal business/start one myself. But then again I'm 15.  ;D

ConanB

Posted before that I'm a game programmer (http://www.deblob.com/) but I'm about to move and make a shift into game development teaching. Should be fun, and luckily the people I'll be teaching will be post-highschool so hopefully I won't find any thumbtacks on my seat ;)

bean

I work in mental health at a university. I got a BA in Math with minors in physics and astronomy. I also went to Berklee for a couple of years and studied 3D animation and graphic design at another school. I fairly underemployed ATM, but stability is good since I'm a dad and husband with a mortgage and etc.

sengo

I'm a college student and a packer at Frito-Lay. Use to spend summers off from school working on tugboats. Will be majoring in renewable resources once I transfer out of the local community college.
Nick

Evad Nomenclature

Guitar/Bass/Piano Teacher...
Graduated a tech program in audio engineering about 6 years ago after doing about 2 years of music school and realizing I didn't want to be a public school teacher and also realized if you wanted to perform, you didn't need a degree  :P.  Toured/recorded/been brokeass, and went back to school for Physical Therapy a year ago (*ducks*)
trying to get a *real* job (whatever that means)
And now... instead of studying the things I'm am supposed to be (like the 4 chapters for my Phys Training course this semester for my test in a couple days)
I'm way over-obsessed about making pedals =/

tee hee
Evad Nomenclature III
Master of Dolphin Technologies

ppatchmods

I'm a worship leader in a church in Beaumont, TX. I lead a band of 10 musicians and singers 3 times a week. I mostly play electric and sometimes acoustic. I also teach guitar on the side to support my ministry habits.  :icon_lol: I have more pedals than I need, but can't get enough! Nice to know you all!
When your life is over, will any of this STUFF really matter?

returntable

I work for Banzaieffects.
So if you have any questions, suggestions or complaints of any kind, feel free to contact me :)
"the earth is not a flat screen"
-Saul Williams-

xshredx

Quote from: returntable on October 14, 2008, 08:21:49 AM
I work for Banzaieffects.
So if you have any questions, suggestions or complaints of any kind, feel free to contact me :)

I immediately have a question (or two...):
- are the banzai effects discontinued? Why?  If yes, schematics...??   :icon_wink:
- if the banzai effects are discontinued, please convince your boss to make those enclosures you used available to us all... It are the coolest and best-looking enclosures ever...

And to make it an on-topic post: I'm a software engineer.

returntable

Quote from: xshredx on October 14, 2008, 10:15:10 AM

I immediately have a question (or two...):
- are the banzai effects discontinued? Why?  If yes, schematics...??   :icon_wink:
- if the banzai effects are discontinued, please convince your boss to make those enclosures you used available to us all... It are the coolest and best-looking enclosures ever...

Question One: no, they are not discontinued. They are just temporarely taken off the website, but will be back soon.
and for the enclosures: I know, these enclosures are really damn cool, but I haven't asked the boss yet, where he got them and why he doesn't sell them... But I will, soon. :)
-Saul Williams-

mojotron

Quote from: returntable on October 14, 2008, 11:07:27 AM
...I know, these enclosures are really damn cool, but I haven't asked the boss yet, where he got them and why he doesn't sell them... But I will, soon. :)
Sort of like an old Fender Blender enclosure - those are cool. Are they fabricated somewhere or do you guys make them in-house?

Renegadrian

JOB??? What's that?! Damn, I am unemployed ATM...
Still have to find a good job and I'm growing old...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

Renegadrian

Quote from: dschwartz on August 19, 2008, 11:00:44 PM
that point is very interesting..i don´t know how a lot of people don´t have or feel that they dont have creativity..
there´s an artist inside everyone, taking that artist out, makes you smarter, witter, and a bigger person.
i see upper management people, or businessmen working everyday trying to make more money, with no creativity at all, for me that´s the definition of emptyness..

Art and creation makes us human, make us feel our world and see it with other eyes, and makes us go beyond the known facts. Seeing the world with creative eyes is what make the human race the winner of the evolutionary race.

i can´t imagine my life without creation..i play guitar, make origami, took violin lessons, write songs, build amps and effects, design amp and effects, write thoughts, painting, drawing, gardening, cooking (i love it) ,etc. is part of what i am, and thats where happiness meets me..

Man, I totally agree...It's just the way you deal with life, taking all the good things it can give you...
Done an' workin'=Too many to mention - Tube addict!

arma61

Hi

I work in the transport dept of an europe-wide shipping company. Moving any kind of goods in containers from Italy to Ireland and Norway and vv.

Armando
"it's a matter of objectives. If you don't know where you want to go, any direction is about as good as any other." R.G. Keen

returntable

Quote from: mojotron on October 14, 2008, 02:20:41 PM
Quote from: returntable on October 14, 2008, 11:07:27 AM
...I know, these enclosures are really damn cool, but I haven't asked the boss yet, where he got them and why he doesn't sell them... But I will, soon. :)
Sort of like an old Fender Blender enclosure - those are cool. Are they fabricated somewhere or do you guys make them in-house?

No, we don't make them in-house. I don't know where we got them, but I can imagine, that they are custom made for us.
-Saul Williams-

tungngruv

I work at a Federal Prison. Staff, not incarcerated  ;D

Joe Hart

Oh where to begin?

Right now I'm a musician in a Rod Stewart tribute band playing the Boston scene, private guitar teacher, fledgeling music school owner, landlord, dad to two cool kids, and husband to a great woman.  In other words, my wife works all day while I goof around at home!  And she just got a new promotion and now actually makes more than me (just a tad!).  Now I have to get a few more students to catch back up!!!
-Joe Hart