OT (Sorry) - What's your job?

Started by Alex C, June 02, 2004, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoguzbenjamin

Unemployed would be the best description... I'm going to sign up to help out at a baker's on Saturdays. You guessed it, the money's so I can get a better guitar/amp/ more FX :D
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Nasse

Summer is here, warm day here, had to buy a new lawnmover (is that the right word?)

I was once civil engineer, before then did some "full-body" job at building site and some other places too. Well you can say I did few houses and bigger and small buildings back then, then nicest memories are those where I worked with my father and grandfather. Now I am old farting sofa potatoe and civil servant , I work for rescue and prevention of accidents in fire brigade.
  • SUPPORTER

Ansil

no work right now.. selling stuff on ebay and trying to get moved into the shop..  

i do misc electronic repair from rebuilding soundcards for computers to workign on little old ladies hoverounds.

going to get a part time job at the local music store..

Ben N

Lawyer, but I'm open to suggestion  :?

Six--count 'em, six--kids mean that I barely have time to pick up a guitar, let alone tinker.  But the oldest ones are actually at the point where they think it's kind of cool that the old man likes to make a lot of noise and rock out.

Ben
  • SUPPORTER

Mark Hammer

Ohhhhh, so you're not THAT Ben.  Here I kept thinking you were Ben Nagy, who is a clinical psychologist now and living on Long Island last time we corresponded.  The other Ben is a pretty productive guy, but six kids after just a couple years of marriage would have been conspicuously productive.

Although I hear there are pills you can take....

This may explain why I appear to have made some puzzling replies to your notes.

Mark

Gilles C

Quote from: TubebassLike Gilles in Montreal, I too am a tech at Canada Post. Have been doing live sound mixing for the last 30 years and playing bass for the last 9.

In Quebec city... not in Montreal...  :)

So, I am closer than you thought.  :wink:

puretube

Anthonie Theodoor Barmentloo, called " Ton " by friends/relatives

amp & effect builder  :wink:

and -designer
(suffix: tube-).

went to school for 15 years fruitlessly - no degrees

J.o.a.t. for 15 more years

educated by life, family, experience and environment

tube-aficionado since 40 years

happily married since 15 years - no kids -

Chris R

software engineer/programmer curently working on fingerprint identification...

no time to build effects right now.. becauase i'm in the middle of moving to florida.

Chris

smoguzbenjamin

So Chris, do you have a fingerprint checker on your front door instead of a lock with a key? ;) lol
I don't like Holland. Nobody has the transistors I want.

Chris R

Quote from: smoguzbenjaminSo Chris, do you have a fingerprint checker on your front door instead of a lock with a key? ;) lol

not yet.. but i'm well on my way ;p

C

nightingale

musician/graphic design/ebay jockey..
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com

erio fraga

Well, I’m a graduated  Metalurgical Engineer and pos-graduated Production Engineer.
During 16 years I mannaged production lines of eletronic components ( aluminium cap, metalized cap, multilayer ceramic cap, varistor, LED, SAW filter ) by Siemens in Brazil; after this, 4 years managing the Industrial Activities of a Sagem plant, producing electronic parts to the automotive market. Well, two more years managing a Tissue Paper industry and now I’m on my own business, production and commerce of special rubber parts.
When I was a teen-ager (oh Lord, so  many years ago ! ) I started with electronic buildings and music as part of my hobbies . I stopped with the electronics ( not with the music ) during almost 30 years and last year I decided to return : nowadays, due Internet and the globalization process, there is much more info’s, you can get parts easier and so one. A very good ( and usefull ) example of what I’m saying is this forum. Thanks to all you guys that take part on it.
I like to play guitar and if I could come back to the past, I would dedicate more time to learn it and to play it.
Well, I have a son ( 17 years old, is starting to play guitar ) and the same wife for 22 years ( probably this estability is consequence of the my different hobbies during this period ).
It’s really nice to see how many different occupations are involved in this forum and how a  subject ( effects building ) can, at least in some moments, be the common factor.
Once again, thanks for all you.

Erio

Travis

No wonder I always feel behind the damn curve.  I have a degree in Classical Languages: Latin, Greek, etc.  I'm working in accounting (resort, internal audit) until I find something more entertaining.

MartyMart

-------"Much later in the UK"--------
I'm a Musician first, and lately a programmer/producer.
Almost had a career in electronics, aged 17 but was too old for that years intake.........so the chance slipped by and i joined a Band !!.
Thats all i've done since ( 22 years ) Started on Piano/Bass guitar, then ended up on Keyboards for years, Fun stuff !!.
The touring/Hrs is bad for your social life, but i'm not complaining as i've seen most of the world, which is quite something, i also LOVE music !!.
I've now got back into Bass/Guitar so hence the interest on this forum, all those lovely stompers are great fun !.
Marty.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm"
My Website www.martinlister.com

lvs

Hi I'm Lucas. Done various jobs, the last involving software things on a mainframe. I'm also member of a band.

Tubebass

Gilles wrote:
QuoteIn Quebec city... not in Montreal...
OOps, sorry Gilles.
More dynamics????? I'm playing as loud as I can!

shawn

Coordinator of Academic Computing Laboratory Services...basically a long name to mean:

Programmer (Perl, java, html, sql)
Computer hardware/software troubleshooter
and I get to boss student workers around (I work for a college, 80% female! YEAH! *snicker*)

Dave Z

Consulting Corporate Systems Engineer...another long & windy title which basically means I'm one of those folks who cn bridge the gap between the real wireheads in R&D and the rest of the world...I do a lot of writing, needless to say.

Jason Stout

I am an unemployed student working toward a bachelor of science in electro-mechanical engineering. In a few weeks, I will be working as a ceramics instructor at a local summer camp.
Lately this has been keeping me busy.....and I love it.
Jason Stout

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: Jason Stout...
Lately this has been keeping me busy.....and I love it.
What kind of effect is that? I love the case! Hehehe. ;)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation