OT (Sorry) - What's your job?

Started by Alex C, June 02, 2004, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Stout

That is particularly wily brown trout. He made a fool of me more than a few times before I finally caught him. Schematic not available!  :D
Jason Stout

Lonestarjohnny

I don't know about the case, but deep fried those rascal's do taste good,
JD :roll:

cajununicorn

piano tuning/repair and guitar,guitar,guitar.

keninverse

I got a BS in Geology from UT Austin and now I'm working as a XRD mineralogist by day (musician by night).  Funny thing, my wife also works with X-rays but she shoots people not inanimate objects, so I guess there's a p-p-p-possibility that our kids may glow in the dark.  While in Austin I got some session work to supplement my income but that was several years ago.  now I just play in a power pop/indie band and try to write some ambient electronica when possible.  Oh, and I build stompboxes and synths and amps and ideas also.

Peter B

Hi, Peter Baynes... and this is a great thread.

Started life as a Technical Officer with our Electricty Utility (Hydro Electric) testing, commissioning and maintaining Protection and Control systems.  That included repair of various electronic and electro-mechanical devices, relays etc.  I moved from there into middle management and went back to Uni to do a Commerce degree part time a few years back.  After a few years of budgeting, financial management and the like I'm now moving back into technical/engineering work focussing on Risk Management.  Still with the same company after 24 yrs.

I always had an interest in electronics as a hobby and following my divorce a few years ago I tried to learn to play the guitar.  I soon had a Strat copy and Peavey Amp... then found this site (an others) and the old hobbyist came out in me again.  So now I build better pedals than I play,   IMHO at least  :D  Well at least I can build pedals... I still can't play.

MarshallPlexi

Corporate Pilot and Musician.

Steben

• SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

rubberlips

weekdays passing time at the local hardware store
Weekends full time farmer and occassional rocker when I can find the time...the goats love AC/DC and sabbath....is that why they run??  :twisted:
I'm actually an electronics tech but haven't really been doing much of that for the last 5 years other than building effect, again when I get the chance

Pete
play it hard, play it LOUD!

mick

Engeneering student  :roll:

mat

Head of the lighting department/lighting designer at theatre (for 15 years)

DiyFreaque

Field Service Engineer for a test equipment manufacturer.  I'm spread out over military comms, PMR, Cellular, ATE, avionics, and spectrum analyzers.

Basically I travel to far away lands, meet exotic people and bore them.

Cheerio,
Scott

FisTheGoon

cool to see alot of people with different background here.from student to grandfather all here.i glad to be a part in this forum with the best people around. alot of skillful people here with their trade all with a common goal to build fx and amp. :D  :lol:
anway i am a assembly tech building machine from scratches.see u all  :lol:

corbs

i'm a web developer / ICT support officer. I'm looking to get away from computers and more into fiddling with circuits. my brother is a broadcast engineer - that seems like a good balance of the two.

scottosan

robbiemcm

I'm a nerdy school student who focuses less on doing school work and is just... nerdy I guess?

birt

i'm a student and in 2 years (hopefully) i will be a theatre technician :)

right now i make fx and amps, study, work for some sound&light PA companies as a technician/stagehand, play guitar and got to loads of concerts and plays 8)
http://www.last.fm/user/birt/
visit http://www.effectsdatabase.com for info on (allmost) every effect in the world!

bograt

Ultra long haul airline pilot.  Spend hours & hours watching the stars go by.  Hours of boredom followed up with minutes of sheer terror :wink:
Part-time luthier (guitar maker), only a single item for my daughter so far, and now dabbling in effects pedals. As someone here said in another thread - FX pedals are like peanuts: try stopping at just one :D

spudulike

Secret Agent for MI6
You aint seen me, right ?

(Actually I drive a bus  :( )

brett

Thank god someone can drive the bus.  Seriously, I'd be dangerous.  I'm a natural resource scientist/philosopher.  Kind of the David Suzuki of forests and farms.  

My speciality is decision-making.  I find it interesting that many of us know "in our heads" that making more stompboxes doesn't make any sense, but we get very emotionally attached to these little critters, and wind up making lots and lots.  I just ordered 4 more 3PDTs!  Argghhhh!

cheers
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

chrishopkins

I'm an Internet Tech Support here in the UK - spend 7 hours of the day being screamed at by people who object to paying for tech support.  

But at least it funds my pedal obsession!