OT (Sorry) - What's your job?

Started by Alex C, June 02, 2004, 08:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akc1973

I'm 36 and work as an Instrumentation/Control Systems engineer (I'm an electrical engineer by qualification) in the Oil and Gas industry. Been doing this since I left Uni in 1994 and I love what I do. Oh, and I'm married and I love playing guitar & piano and recording my own songs for my own edification... :)
Builds: Bazz Fuss, Orange Squeezer, Omega, Green Ringer, Dist+, X-Fuzz

bigchasbroon

im a joiner, or carpenter. been thinking about doing some sort of engineering course at uni, but at 39 im not sure if its a bit late

kristoffereide

I work with the manufacturing of Si semiconductors as a tech/chem process operator for Renewable Energy Corp (solar cell wafers). I am also an electrician
Quote from: biggy boy on April 12, 2009, 06:22:33 PM
I find it funny how I can have close to 1000 components, yet I never seem to have enough parts to make a project. :icon_eek:

Chrome Dinette

I am 40 and currently work for a company whose specialty is Fire Alarms, Nurse call and School Intercom. I spent most of the past 20 years in Sound Reinforcement and Audio/Video installation, however.  I have a BA in English Literature, LOL.

davidallancole

I am 24 and work for SaskPower, a power utility in Saskatchewan, Canada.  My job title is Communications Technologist, I work as a Project Manager or a General Contractor of sorts purchasing equipment and lining up workers to install various communications equipment.  I went to school and got a diploma in Electronics Engineering Techonolgy.

mac

Still investing in real state... :icon_rolleyes:
New houses sales are paralized here but prices did not go down as expected but remained steady or higher.

mac
mac@mac-pc:~$ sudo apt-get install ECC83 EL84

kurtlives

Still a student...

Now in university, first year Electrical Engineering.
My DIY site:
www.pdfelectronics.com

Minion

Im a 38 and a part time subversive and a full time head of security for a major canadian bank , it is a thankless low paying job that takes absolutly no talent to do , I gues that is why I am good at it ......  :icon_mrgreen:
Go to bed with itchy Bum , wake up with stinky finger !!

oliphaunt

I'm a 42 year old professional musician  :icon_eek:

starekase502

i build repair and tune pipe organs (no i cant play) but i love my job

markeebee

I'm an Aries, and I'm looking for a woman that loves everything, and everybody.

Oh.  Wrong forum....

I do three things because I'm not good enough at any one:

I advise companies on the design-for-manufacture of their electrical products
I'm a lean engineering and ergonomics consultant
I run a company that designs, makes and supplies technical and industrial furniture.

Of course, NOBODY makes ANYTHING in the UK now, so I'm a bit stuffed.

Fishface

^ love the avatar, markey  :icon_biggrin:

My first post here.

Having soared the heights of BBC's 'Top of The Pops' some (gulp) 30 years ago and continuing (if only in a part-time capacity now) as an Architect, I spend most of my waking hours caring for my wife and 16 month old daughter  :) 

The freedom generated by going part-time has allowed me to rediscover the 'Joy of Pedals', started with a grey Vox wah in the late 60's and a home-made fuzz in around '72, which I have recently resurrected for the first time since it was hidden from view during the rise of punk!

Actually, I might post some pic's of that in another thread, as there's a wire come loose which I've no idea where it goes!!!  :icon_mrgreen:

Mark, Bath, UK.

amptramp

I am an unemployed electrical engineer, so I have time to read everything on this board that is of interest.  Who knows?  Maybe I will start a pedal company.

THOMMO

35yo Butcher. I can carve up a whole rump with with my eyes closed!! 8)
Come to think of it, I can butcher whole riffs with my eyes shut too!! :icon_mrgreen:

Jason.
May The Twang Be With You

Cliff Schecht

HIYOOOOOO!

There are a lot more EE's on here than I thought..

bigchasbroon

Quote from: Ripthorn on September 22, 2009, 09:50:23 AM
Quote from: aziltz on September 21, 2009, 11:47:52 PM
Quote from: Ripthorn on September 21, 2009, 07:59:19 PM
I'll let you know in a few weeks.  I am defending my Master's thesis in physics this week and then I hope something comes through.

good luck, what's the field?  where do you study?

My field is acoustics and I am studying at Brigham Young University.  Surprisingly enough, it is like the second largest acoustics research group at a university in the US.
your at byu, are you a mormon? Over here in scotland we are a bit thin on the ground especially since all my buddies go to the us settle down there