OT How many of you guys could defuse a bomb?

Started by MattAnonymous, June 08, 2004, 10:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattAnonymous

Quote from: Fret WireNow that would be some nasty shrapnel :cry:  :cry:
I believe you mean crapnel :wink:
Thanks guys, I sorta got an answer I guess.  Answer:  Bombs are dangerous, avoid them at all costs :!:
It's people like us who contribute to dead fx pedals selling on eBay for what they'd cost new!

gez

Rich, I made a 'bomb' like that when I was ten on some beach in Cornwall.  Managed to bundle things up (swimming trunks) and took a whole sling-shot full down to the sea for disposal.  I was so pleased with myself that nobody had caught on as I (slowly) waded in, only to find, as I looked down, the back of my legs caked in the stuff... :oops:
"They always say there's nothing new under the sun.  I think that that's a big copout..."  Wayne Shorter

Fret Wire

Seriously, You always hear about the "bomb making books" (Poor Man's James Bond, Anarchist's Cookbook, etc.). What you don't hear about, is how many people have been maimed, injured, or killed just trying to make the "projects". There's the "kid" in all of us that wants to "blow something up" for fun, but incindiary devices are even worse than firearms or power tools, in that if you don't treat them with the utmost respect, you'll pay dearly, perhaps with your life.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

punkaled

yeah, in fact i remeber reading somewhere that the guys who origanally wrote the anarchists cookbook had never themselves actually tried any of the things in the book.
Just glancing at some of the things in the book, you would have to be nuts to try em (or stupid), like "how to make plastic explosive" on your stove at home, hmm, cooking plastic explosive on my stove? no thanks.

niftydog

cutting the power is all well and good... as long as the power isn't holding a NC relay OPEN!

There's plenty of ways to fool a potential bomb defuser.  I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon, despite my electronics knowledge!

Oldy, but a goody;

niftydog
Shrimp down the pants!!!
“It also sounded something like the movement of furniture, which He
hadn't even created yet, and He was not so pleased.” God (aka Tony Levin)

Gilles C

You remind me of a time when I was taking a lot of pictures of my brother-in-law and his band when he was playing Genesis and the likes.

I was on the stage in front of him, trying to stay low profile.

While trying to get a nice shot, I kind of almost laid on my back in front of him.

I then noticed he was doing signs with his right hand, trying to tell something to the light(effect)man... I was laying on a metal box with some magnesium in it, and 2 wires to ignite the magnesium  :oops:

If I remember well, the following song was "Turn it on again", and there was some pyro at the beginning of the song...

Ah... souvenirs  8)