[SLIGHTLY OT] Boss ME8

Started by Davide, June 09, 2004, 06:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davide

2 years ago i bought a used Boss Me-8 multieffect.
well.. i have to admit that this thing really rocks.. i've even used it in a cd recording... but lately i have a problem :?..
The tuner turns on without reason.. often in a intermitting crazy way (bypassing the guitar sound..)..
could be a new button the cure ? :roll:

I'd like to use it with my diy distorsions, wha and compressor
( i dont like me-8 digital distorsions and limiter/compressor.. and its wha is too weak...) but it has veery cool reverbs, delays, flangers and phase shifters.. (and the digital tuner is a good thing too   :roll: )
but i need it reliable  :? .. and i cant cut away some part of me8 circuit board making separate digital effects  :D    (or maybe i can ?  :shock:  .. i dont think so :D)...

Thanks

Davide

Boofhead

Quotecould be a new button the cure ?

The button would be the first thing I would look  :shock:  at.

You might be able to temporarily put another button in to test the theory - another idea is to swap it with the button from one of the effects you don't  use.  If turns out the be the button you might try (carefully) dismantling it and cleaning the contacts (and perhaps adjusting he spring).  Sometimes you can solder a cap 10nF to 47nF in parallel with the switch and it will come good again.

IIRC Boss sell replacement parts at a reasonable price.

Davide

i'll try !!

The problem is that it "goes crazy" only sometime...

fretzburner

i have me-8 too having problem,i cannot use the drive module like OD,Distortion because no output if drive is engaged.presently all my patches dont have drive because of that problem.

fretzburner