How do you install a fasel inductor in gcb95 wah?

Started by dubs, June 22, 2004, 08:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubs

I have a dunlop GCB95 wah and wish to replace the inductor with a red fasel one. the fasel inductor has two  pins whereas the original one  has four  pins soldered to the pcb . How do I solder it properly on the PCB?
thanks!

RDV

If I'm not mistaken, there's only an actual electrical connection on two of the pins. The other two just hold it in place.

RDV

nirvanas silence

Thats 100% correct.

There are 2 holes in the board that work perfectly.

Lonestarjohnny

You The Man, Ricky Don, Howed you got so danged Educated is beyond me, Must be that Durned Swamp water your drinkin, Hey = :idea:  
Maybe we could bottle that stuff and sell it to these Texanite's as Alligator Swamp Beer ????????????? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
JD

RDV

AFAIK I'm the only guy in the whole Tampa Bay area doing DIY. People here look at me like I've grown a second head when I tell them about it.

Thank god & Aron Nelson for this forum.

RDV

Paul Marossy

"AFAIK I'm the only guy in the whole Tampa Bay area doing DIY. People here look at me like I've grown a second head when I tell them about it."

I could probably say that for myself, too, except for I live in Las Vegas. I know there is one other guy who attends UNLV who is into DIY. He has posted some stuff here. Other than that, I know of no one.

dubs

Quote from: RDVIf I'm not mistaken, there's only an actual electrical connection on two of the pins. The other two just hold it in place.

RDV

Thanks - Yes, discovered it last night. THe PCB actually had two extra holes  to fit the inductor perfectly. Like it was ment to be modded (or perhaps for another wah model)

Soundwise the red fasel has a smoother sweep and is clearer in sound.
I modded the circuit already to sound better so the improvement wasn't so noticeable compared to putting it in a stock crybaby (which sounds quite muddy in comparison tonewise).

Paul Marossy

Anyone tried installing a Fasel inductor in a vintage CryBaby? If so, was it worth the trouble? I have a vintage CryBaby with a TDK inductor, and it sounds OK to me, but if I could make it better....