Would You Order 16mm Audio Pots from Mouser?

Started by phillip, June 26, 2004, 03:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you order 16mm audio taper pots from Mouser?

Yes, Definitely!
45 (90%)
No, Probably Not
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: June 26, 2004, 03:34:26 PM

phillip

Okay guys.  I think we've all wished that Mouser would stock 16mm audio taper pots that don't have the detents, so I've decided to make a thread about it, and if there's enough response and interest, I'll send Mouser an email with a link to this thread...maybe they'll listen to us if there's enough demand!

I think common audio taper values like 10K, 50K, 100K, 250K, 500K and 1M would be great.

Aron or Peter, would one of you consider making this a sticky so that it stays at the top and gets plenty of attention?  The more votes we have, the more likely it is that we'll get an excellent, fast source for these great little pots!

Start voting and posting!

Phillip

Jason Stout

Yes I would buy 16mm audio taper pots from Mouser if they *did not* have detents.
Jason Stout

ExpAnonColin

No!  Futurlec sells alpha pots for 50c apiece, audio taper or not, undetented!  Just buy from them already!  Mouser's non-audio pots are already too expensive.

-Colin

phillip

Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistNo!  Futurlec sells alpha pots for 50c apiece, audio taper or not, undetented!  Just buy from them already!  Mouser's non-audio pots are already too expensive.

-Colin

Yeah, but are they 16mm, or those big honkin' 24mm?  Trying to fit those 24mm in a Hammond B box is quite a pain.  The last order that I made with Futurlec took about a month to arrive, while Mouser usually takes 3 days.

Phillip

Fret Wire

Yes, I'd definately order audio pots from Mouser.

Also, I'd like to see Mouser carry 16mm rev log pots (500k)
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

SoundTech

Quote from: phillipYeah, but are they 16mm, or those big honkin' 24mm?

Judging from the pic on the site, they appear to be the same size as the 16mm.  The main difference is that they appear to have split, knurled shafts and pcb tabs instead of full solder lugs.

That aside, I'd certainly buy NON-DETENT audio taper 16mm pots from Mouser.
Sound Tech
  (((O)))

RedHouse

I have very few gripes about Mouser, but their potentiometer selection is definately one huge gripe I have with them.

I almost always buy pot's elsewhere because of Mouser's poor offerings, and I sure wish I didn't have to as I get most other parts through Mouser and their service and speed of delivery is great.

Peter Snowberg

Quote from: phillipAron or Peter, would one of you consider making this a sticky so that it stays at the top and gets plenty of attention?  The more votes we have, the more likely it is that we'll get an excellent, fast source for these great little pots!
OK, lets give it a few days of sticky statrus and see what happens. :D

I would love to get 16mm audio pots without the detents.

Futurlec is more or less useless for me for pots because I can't spec the shaft or the pins.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

phillip

Quote from: Peter SnowbergOK, lets give it a few days of sticky statrus and see what happens. :D

Thanks Peter!  

Okay people, let's hear it...13 votes ain't gonna do it! ;)

Phillip

Peter Snowberg

Of course more votes is better, but 13 may count for much more than 13. When I was doing amateur TV on San Francisco's public access cable system they always said that any single piece of viewer mail would realisticly represent ~1000 viewers. I wonder what the ratio would be for Mouser shopping.

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

Dan N

I've never bought any of the Mouser pots with detants.

Needing audio pots is usually a good excuse for visiting the Bear Cave.

I have removed detants in a lot of salvaged pots. It's usually just cutting out a spring thing or removing a tiny ball bearing.

Lonestarjohnny

I already have an account at Mouser, I have had very good service from them, and I know this is not fair to those who live in other states, Buuut I get my stuff the Next day, sorry to those that don't.
you can add me to your list of Supporters Phillip,
JD

ErikMiller

Colin,

The pots that Futurlec sells are Alphas? They don't mention a brand so I never tried them.

I'm a new customer of Mouser's 12mm pots, and I'd like to see 16mm dual pots from them as well.

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: phillip
Quote from: anonymousexperimentalistNo!  Futurlec sells alpha pots for 50c apiece, audio taper or not, undetented!  Just buy from them already!  Mouser's non-audio pots are already too expensive.

-Colin

Yeah, but are they 16mm, or those big honkin' 24mm?  Trying to fit those 24mm in a Hammond B box is quite a pain.  The last order that I made with Futurlec took about a month to arrive, while Mouser usually takes 3 days.

Phillip

They're 16mm, and I've never had any trouble fitting them anywhere.  Futurlec has taken a week for me each of the 3-4 times I've ordered.  Not that long to wait.  And the price is better as is.  I mean, honestly if you want Mouser to sell these pots too, whatever floats your boat, but there's already a fine distributor out there.

-Colin

ExpAnonColin

Quote from: ErikMillerColin,

The pots that Futurlec sells are Alphas? They don't mention a brand so I never tried them.

I'm a new customer of Mouser's 12mm pots, and I'd like to see 16mm dual pots from them as well.

They sure say alpha on the back-correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't alpha more like a type of pot rather than a brand?

-Colin

phillip

Alpha is a manufacturer that makes all kinds of electronics-related stuff.  I use Alpha hookup wire in all of my effects.  Alpha and Xicon are somehow related...one of the two owns the other.

Phillip

jsleep

Yes!, I'd buy lots of them.

JD Sleep
General Guitar Gadgets
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

blandman74

I'd buy the pots.  But -- and I know this makes me the saddest geek around -- what I really want from Mouser is a t-shirt.  I mean, I spend enough of my money there. I deserve one! Kinda....

nightingale

i know i would..

picturing will ferrall doing his harry kerry impression..
be well,
ryanS
www.moccasinmusic.com