Would You Order 16mm Audio Pots from Mouser?

Started by phillip, June 26, 2004, 03:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you order 16mm audio taper pots from Mouser?

Yes, Definitely!
45 (90%)
No, Probably Not
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: June 26, 2004, 03:34:26 PM

analogmike

small bear is cheaper and faster than mouser for me. No need for Mouser to carry them.
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

Hal

hey steve, how about small bear shirts, with this on it:

thatd be so hot id get at least one!  lol

smallbearelec

I regret that I haven't been able to hang out with you, and I'm glad that I happened to see this thread.

I hope that most people know that I carry the Alpha RV16 pot (Mouser's 313-1000 series) in audio taper, no detents, in 10K, 50K, 100K, 250K (just got) , 500K and 1 meg. I also have them in 500K and 1 Meg REVERSE audio. I believe the prices to be competitive with what Mouser would charge if they carried these. If there are other values I should have, please let me know!

Now I'm gonna go back and post the item I really came here for--Flat Pack Transformers are in!

Regards
SD

Brian Marshall

you know, i would love it if mouser carried them.... i would definitley buy them if i needed a few fast.  I try to support small bear when i can though, and pots are one of the few things i still buy from him.

That said, the pots that futurlec carries are alsmost no use to me.  I woulnt mind "adapting" PCB mount pots with knurled shafts in a pedal that is just for me, but i wouldnt do it for something i was selling.  It just looks bad, and soldering wire to pcb pins is asking for trouble.

also the 12mm pots that mouser carries are the "D" style, which just dont jive with me....... if you mount your pot, and it doesnt stay perfectly straight (or you build requires it to be at some angle) the pointer on your knob will be in the wrong place.  I wish the sold them with the round shaft.

Peter Snowberg

OK.... after a week of voting, it looks like 90% of the voters would be interested in buying such pots.

It's great to know that Steve already stocks the right parts. :D 8)

http://www.smallbearelec.com

Hopefully Mouser will stock them at some point too.

Thanks for posing the question Phillip! 8)

Take care,
-Peter
Eschew paradigm obfuscation

analog kid

I know this Poll thread is a year Old but I couldn't help answering it!
NO, Mouser is good for some hard to get stuff , same as DigiKey(opamps!) and SmallBear (lot's of NOS out of manufacture stuff) BUT
I don't know why so many give Futurlec such a bad rap? They are a GREAT supplier!!!! The 16mm Alpha Pots they carry for 60cents and under are just the same quality as you would get anywhere else! Now of courrse If you really MIND soldering to the PC mounting "lugs" instead of traditional solder lugs then don't buy them cause for some reason that IS all they have.  
And all the other stuff that they sell SOOO much cheaper than the Previous mentioned. Come ON!!! Metal Film Resistors of ALMOST ANY value you could think of @ 10 for 20cents (ALMOST the same Price SMALLBEAR will charge you for just ONE!!!! carbon film at that!), BLUE/PURPLE LED's for DIRT CHEAP!! Toggle  switches that go for $2 and up at '......' for  under a buck!!
I mean I hate to sound like an endorser , I'm NOT< BUT  they"ve always been good for me, about the same shipping time as Smallbear and shipping for $3!!! as aposed to Mouser being automatically $6!!!
BUT of course they only have certain things! (switches,resistors,caps,pots, LEDs, DIODES, and Transistors BC,2N,etc... )I get ALL from Futurlec
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..

Hal

mouser charged me $3 to ship my last order.
1 relay+ lots of passives.

analog kid

that's rare with THE "MOUSE" , My orders are like 10ounces or less and it's about 6dollars whichever way you go. EXCEPT , I forgot the fact you CAN choose 1st class mail they just don't get it out that day so I guess you could get lower shipping rates from them , you're right. And seeing that's how Futurlec and Small Bear ship most EVERYTHING there isn't much difference in shipping after all. Most people just go with the strandard Same Day shipping services with Mouser I think just because you want your order shipped. I DO!  But you still can't beat the prices of Futurlec on those components I listed.
See the man with the stage fright, just standing up there to give it all his might..