Sick EH Black Finger compressor..any help?

Started by jimbob, July 09, 2004, 03:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbob

All the lights go on as ussual iincluding and looks fine like its supposed to work but theres in incredible loss on sound. If i turn up the gain on my amp and sound it seems to work,,but if a switch that channel of to another or turn the compressor off the sound is Very loud-as expected. I have no idea. Does any one else? The compressor part of it does seem to work when volume on amp is turned up ALOT..hmmmm  Anyone?
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Mark Hammer

Is that an original EH-BF (solid state) or one of the newer ones (tube)?  If newer, then I imagine Ton B is your man.

puretube

Nasse

The old one that I have does not have any lights so quess you have new tube powered version
  • SUPPORTER

jsleep

I have an interesting story about the new black finger.  I bought a used one and the guy shipped it to me.  When I got it, I heard something rattling around inside the box.  I emailed the guy and asked if it was rattling when he sent it.  He said no.  So I popped it open and two of the filter caps were inside the box, they had popped right off the circuit board during shipment.  There was solder on the joints where they were supposed to be, but what kind of solder joints would you call those?

JD Sleep
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

jsleep

BTW,  those lights inside the box FREAKED ME OUT when I first plugged it in.  I figured if the tubes were glowing that bright, they must be frying and something was desperately wrong with the circuit.  I guess the lights are just for show?  "Look Ma, look at the purdy lights" ;-)

JD Sleep
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

jimbob

I think ill check for loose parts inside....thanks Jsleep..HOws yours working out for you in comparison to other compressors? :lol:
"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Quote from: jsleeptwo of the filter caps were inside the box, they had popped right off the circuit board during shipment.  There was solder on the joints where they were supposed to be, but what kind of solder joints would you call those?
JD Sleep

More to the point, what kind of a postal system?? Or more to the point, what was the packaging like? That's why some people "glue down" caps, as discussed recently.. maybe this is a new way to scavange recycled parts, post boards to yourself :)

puretube

usually, E-H ships the pedals bubble-wrapped inside the wooden stash-boxes;

There is another reason for the bulb....
:P