New PCB fr the community

Started by Zero the hero, August 08, 2004, 11:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero the hero

People, I want to design a PCB from an existing pedal, but I don't know which one...
I was thinking about  a DOD Gonk Mod, which has been reversed from people of this forum and the schem is laying around somewhere.
I thought to these other pedals:

Something from Boss (Blues Driver, Metal Zone, GE-7 graphic equalizer or OC-2)
Bixonic Expandora
Anything from DOD or Ibanez
EMM shaper (wht is it?)
EH Bad Stone
EH Black Finger
EH space drum
EH Y triggered filter
EH the Zipper
Interfax Harmonic percolator
Something of Maestro
Eventide Andertide Phasor

I noticed the lack of Layouts and PCBs for these project, so I wanted to draw one (or more than one) of them.
Which one should I draw? I'll share the PCB with the forum community, as always.

Any suggestion is accepted and the list of the pedals I wish I drew is very long. So attach your requests here if you want...

Another question: where has gone CJLaundry site? The links on the schematic page are all broken.

keko

I'd go with the OC-2, although I don't know if the parts are 'readily' available.

The Gonk would be cool too. I like many DOD pedals, but they are so unreliable that I don't own any, and wouldn't use it unless having an external bypass system.
.::keko::.
www.qpd.cl // desahógate ahora!
www.basa.cl // Digital « Design » Atelier

B Tremblay

B Tremblay
runoffgroove.com

Marcos - Munky

jimbob

"I think somebody should come up with a way to breed a very large shrimp. That way, you could ride him, then after you camped at night, you could eat him. How about it, science?"

toneman

there's photos of a real BadStone pcb here--
http://home-wrecker.com/articles.html
this is a "archive page"  of RunOffGroove (ROG).
should be easy to clone a pcb from this.

the BS uses a 4009, a CMOS inverter.
the SS uses CA3080s.
the Anderton phaser used CLM6000 optos.
the EMM phaser used CMOS switches.
MHammer had some comments while back bout
mods to the SmallStone including stereo outs.
doesn't look like there's  a pcb 4 the BS.
go 4 it!!
maybe post it back to ROG(?)
afn
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Zero the hero

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES!
I've got an original schematic of the Bad Stone, but I believe that is not the same version of the circuit you show me in that site: this one looks like it uses 4 RC4558 a CMOS inverter 4009 and a Mosfet dual op-amp CA3240.
In the schem I've found on the net, it seems that the Bad Stone is a "plain" 6 stages phase shifter, using 6 N-FETs and 2 quad op-amp.
http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/EHbadstone_old.jpg
for reference.
I think I'll go for it, stay tuned for updates!

PB Wilson

I was thinking that the Lovetone Brown Source is a great candidate for cloning and making a PCB. Marcos has a hand-written schematic on his site and I'd like to get this pedal going someday soon. Maybe it could be similar to the layout that R.G. made when he cloned the Big Cheese with the rotary switch in the middle? Sound good?

PB Wilson

Oops! Marcos and mikeb seem to be tackling this one already. See the Brown Source thread.

Marcos - Munky

Yeah. I'm redrawing the schematic, and Mike will draw the layout.

brett

Instead of the Gonk Mod, which is a kinda limited modulator, what about the Maestro Ring Mod (the one based on an MC1496).

Cool effect, schems exist, but no pcb.

PS any chance you could keep the size below 2 1/4" x 2" ?  (to fit the slots in a "Taiwanese" box)
Brett Robinson
Let a hundred flowers bloom, let a hundred schools of thought contend. (Mao Zedong)

PB Wilson

General Guitar Gadgets has a PCB layout for the Maestro Ring Mod. I'm not sure if JD has some made for sale, but if you give him a call, I'd bet he'd etch some for you.

Hal

if you're still up for votes, I'd go for any of the EH pedals, no boss of DOD.  For the part counts, id rather buy the production models of those!  EH effects are always cool, though.  They're more DIYer friendly.

Zero the hero

Quote from: brettInstead of the Gonk Mod, which is a kinda limited modulator, what about the Maestro Ring Mod (the one based on an MC1496).

Cool effect, schems exist, but no pcb.

PS any chance you could keep the size below 2 1/4" x 2" ?  (to fit the slots in a "Taiwanese" box)

Oh man, I've spent a month for drawing the PCB of the Maestro on GGG! I supposed that all the Maestro Ring Modulators where built with a MC1495...
I'm still up for votes, I was thinking about the GE-7 or the EH Graphic Equalizer, cause I notice the lack of graphic equalizers for guitar.
I've got time to decide, any other suggestions are welcome!

chumpito

A vote for the bad stone.  After hearing the clip on ROG I haven't heard another that impressed as much.  But whatever you do maybe ask for mod suggestions first an incorporate that into the design.

jsleep

Hi Alex,  did you get my email?  I'm in process with the Bad Stone.  Hate to see us double up on the same layout, but go for it if you want.

JD Sleep
For great Stompbox projects visit http://www.generalguitargadgets.com

Zero the hero

Oh yes JD, I received your mail. Sorry if I haven't replied you till now, but I had much problems with my home computer and I check mails from work only.

petemoore

Bad Stone...according to my buddy who doesn't really know, this is supposed to be the Baddest of all the 'Stones'.
 I think a super B.ass phaser would be cool, especially if it's builder friendly as far as component shopping...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

hair force one

Electro Harmonix graphic equaliser, that sounds cool to me, you never have to much knobs to turn (i can do a tutorial about how to built a EH type enclosure too!)