News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

LM4136?

Started by Paul Marossy, August 30, 2003, 07:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

What is it? A quad opamp or? Is there an equivalent chip for this? I couldn't find any technical data on it on the web and NTE electronics doesn't have it in their cross reference, either...
Can I get a little help here, please?!?  :lol:

Dan N

Punch RC4136 into google and there are some data sheets for this quad opamp.

Paul Marossy

Thanks. So I could probably use a quad opamp that I have lying around.

petemoore59

I have a quad lying around also and have not an idea what to do with it.
  Not too bad a mistake at 1.39 @R.S....even better if I find a use for it.
 Something about intermodulations makes these quads less desirable for some usualuses I read.

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Looks good, lie a 741 but lower noise, wider voltage range, better behaved. BUT, wacky pinout!!

Rodgre

the 4136 was popular with Craig Anderton. It's used in the Electronic Projects for Musician's book.

Not as rare as a 4739, but not as common as a couple of 4558s....

Roger

Paul Marossy

I have several TL084's, I figure I'd try one and see how it works.

peterc

The only sub for the 4136 is a TL075 which is very hard to find as well. You might have to do the "dead bug" replacement that RG has on his site.

www.geofex.com --> techtips --> 4739 and CLM6000

Peter

peterc

The only sub for the 4136 is a TL075 which is very hard to find as well. You might have to do the "dead bug" replacement that RG has on his site.

www.geofex.com --> techtips --> 4739 and CLM6000

Peter

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

//www.jdr.com
JDR microdevices has LM4136 under a buck, but I think the original poster might just have been wondering what to do with one? Anyway, if you need them, there they are!

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

//www.jdr.com
JDR microdevices has LM4136 under a buck, but I think the original poster might just have been wondering what to do with one? Anyway, if you need them, there they are!

Mark Hammer

The LM4136 (and I think other companies produce them as well) is nothing special, simply a quad op-amp with decent noise characteristics (though not exactly in the OP-275 or even NE5532 category).  As low noise stuff went in the late 70's it was probably the most convenient package, and certainly prived better - per op-amp - than anything in the same noise-spec class at that time.  You can see it compared to other op-amps in the article in one of the first few issues of DEVICE at my site (http://hammer.ampage.org).

As was pointed out, the TL075 will sub for it with respect to pinout, though the TL075 has a much higher input impedance.  As was also pointed out, the TL075 is especially hard to find.

Anyone designing a layout for a project using a 4136 should probably redesign it to use a more standard quad op-amp pinout such as used by the TL064/74/84, LM324, LM348, and numerous other quad packages that are still easy to find.

Jay Doyle

Without starting a "mojo"storm, the LM4136 is the quad version of the 4558.