News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

att./ Ed. G.

Started by donald stringer, August 29, 2003, 09:47:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donald stringer

I have been trying to answer you but this forum isnt user friendly to me anymore. Its almost impossible to get in here and more impossible to get a message out. With all that being said , About the mic. cable  if you find a post by tubefreak there will be a web link that will direct you marten van heldon gear site, that is where I got the idea[ signal chain ,cables etc.]. Afriend of mind was doing the same thing with mic. cable. I bought about 20 feet for .25 a foot. built the guitar cable and I am in the proc. of doing effect patch cords. I dont know all the electronic term. exactly but I guess its lower cap.  what I can say is affects the signal in a good way. The outer shield performs its entinded purpose and that is shielding the signal[ it carries no  signal. I guess it is very similiar to effect shielded wire . You only connect the shield at one end [that is at guitar or effects out. I think marten uses high end cable but if your a pro gigging musician that would be worth it for clean signal . For me the improvement was more noticable because I let more than a few things deteriate/ old cables, replace batteries in my guitar / put about 4 quality effects in a really good workable chain, no signal loss between guitar and amp/ nice fat notes/ it all adds up to a really cool combination. But as far as coloring the tone like I said it affects the signal only in a good way. I hope this answers your question.......... Am I the only one this new forum has been tormenting :?  I have been trying to answer this post  but I have not been able to find my happy place :)
troublerat

Jered

donald stringer

He has a lot of good tips on that site.
troublerat

Ed G.

Hey Donald, thanks for getting back.
I was gonna take a stab at making my own cables, I've heard about using mic (2 conductor) cable, but wasn't sure what was the best way of wiring it up.
I've heard about leaving one side unconnected to shield, it's like the planet waves cables.
I've also been checking out the bill lawrence cables. SOrt of like George L's, I think BL had put out some cables a few years back, maybe even before George L's. I think there's even a connection b/w the two, or at least a story. Anywho, I heard his cables are very low capacitance.