UNIVIBE Photo cell question

Started by Mike Nichting, August 31, 2003, 03:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

What types of photo cells has everybody used in their Univibe clones or other "vibe" clones?? What were the values of the light/dark on the photo cells used??
Does anyone have any Clairex photo cells that they would sell??

Thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Joep

Hi Mike,

If you go the GeneralGuitarGadgets. There you find the Neovibe. On the Neovibe page there is a link to a PDF with partnumbers and more info regarding the Photocells.

Hope this helps,

Joep

petemoore59

Er warehouse...they say: Philmore and Photocell...everytime I've tried them I get the same results...they seem to work great.
 Uglyface, Easyvibe, and the Photon Filter all work using these...
 They werent cheap' and I have a bunch more...any suggests as to what I should use them for?

Mike Nichting

Hey Pete,
Can you tell me the light and dark resistances??
Email me and I will talk to you about buying what you have.

Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

Nasse

I´m very interested if common and cheap LDRs can be used succesfully. Exotic ones are difficult to obtain, and cost much.
  • SUPPORTER

dubs

I'm going to try some cheap LDRs from Jaycar here in Australia when I build my easyvibe.
I was wondering, how close do you put the led to the LDR, close so they are almost touching?

petemoore59

I use the print paper and the elect tape. Roll them sokkers right up, carefull tpape em over and round...they work for me.
 I like the Idea that the white inner surface will provide a nice room for the pairs of LED?LDR"s, and that I have plenty of print paper handy at all times.
 I start with rolling the LED making the paper into a cone that gets bigger enough to just let the LDR [utilizing the legs and round of the LED to kinda hold the paper] almost, or  kiss the LED...I'ts not that hard for me to work with, and the LED 'seem's to be pointing toward the center of the LDR.
  My LDR's are about twoice the diameter of the LEDS at the widest points.
  All the explanations i've read [associated schemaatic text etc.] show the use of shrink tube...either way would be fine for me...one of the main objectives is to seal out any ambient [outside] light from the each pair...and alignment...though light has a way of finding it's way...
  You want to get good variability of resistance of the LDR and want it [I think ] usually to go to low Resistance [?] deppends I guess...here..obviously I'm not the one AFAIK