Funny "MOJO" stuff

Started by Joe Hart, September 11, 2004, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ge_Whiz

Quote from: puretube"The LOMOJO", most shitty performance, dirt cheap, mega-mass producable crap....

Called the TS7, isn't it?  :lol:

puretube

no, rather: "Tube Dreamer" - very noisy device, though...
-eats batteries like...-
-large housing-
-plastic stompswitch-
-cardboard unshielded case-

.... - you name it -

Jason Stout

This topic has provided that much needed "daily internal laugh" I have prescribed myself. Thanks!
I can’t seem to get the picture of a resonating section of Fakemarked Blitzwire out of my head.
I was thinking of solvents we could use on the plant floor and….It figures, after reading this I had to discard my first choice.
:wink:
Jason Stout

David

Quote from: Jason StoutThis topic has provided that much needed "daily internal laugh" I have prescribed myself. Thanks!
I can’t seem to get the picture of a resonating section of Fakemarked Blitzwire out of my head.
I was thinking of solvents we could use on the plant floor and….It figures, after reading this I had to discard my first choice.
:wink:

Solvents?  No problem, man!  You can use ferric chloride or sodium persulphate (I think).  You can clean the floor and etch circuit boards at the same time!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

RDV

...aaahhhhh, I bet Germany and Denmark are VERY beautiful this time of year.

Tired of Florida. No tree colors.

RDV

puretube

...all the leaves are brown
and the sky is gray...

we`ve had a very lousy summer - yet it`s been so windy,
while there was not enough rain,
so that (due to the economic problems of the communities/people?)
the gardens and trees look like it`s fall since 2 months, since no
watering has been done....

:cry:

puretube

the LoMoJo (beta-tester versions only,) of course will come with a manual,

translated by an online-translator (babylon-fish)
into some far-east language,
re-translated into pidgeon-english by some native foreigner,
and hand-written in cyrillic letters,
then multiply copied with a "blackening" machine,
and will be faxed (thermo-paper!) to the customers
only upon their request (on their cost/pay per call).

(disclaimer included)

puretube

not after long, a users-forum, the: "JO-FORE" ("Jo4") will be established;
all contributors of this here thread are members of the "JOCO" community, - each under 2 different alias-names - :
the first alias is a fervent fan of the (in fact crappy))
LOmojo pedal (the so-called: "Lows"),
while their second alias contributes to turning down the
(in fact high-end) MOjo pedal (the so-called: "Mores").

Let`s sit back `n` relax, watching/reading what the customers/websurfers will come up with....

:P  :P

puretube

David

Quote from: puretubeok, we got new hardware-details fo` da "MO`"

Oh, no!  He's on the "jazz" again!   :twisted:  :twisted:

Fret Wire

Quote from: Fret Wire

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C&Category_Code=VOLUME&Product_Count=2

I already covered it on the first page. However, I'm now sourcing what might be even more incredibly mojo-istic: wooden input/output jacks. NO TONESUCKING!!!!!!!!!
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

David

http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NOB_C37_C&Category_Code=VOLUME&Product_Count=2

I already covered it on the first page. However, I'm now sourcing what might be even more incredibly mojo-istic: wooden input/output jacks. NO TONESUCKING!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, but...  no conduction, either!
OOhhhhhh, I get it...   :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Fret Wire

Quote from: David
Yeah, but...  no conduction, either!
OOhhhhhh, I get it...   :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

Hence, our "mojo-istic" claim cannot be disputed by any audiophile/effects forums.  :twisted:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

petemoore

Even Better...cardboard jacks.!!!
 I use these before, you laminate a buncha layers of cardboard [not corrugated] and drill a wire thread hole next to the 1/4'' hole and loop/tie wire through that, the fasten and shape a wire loop that will contact the tip when the plug is inserted [using the wires springyness to make contact]...works just fine when you're like really out of jack...
Convention creates following, following creates convention.

puretube

...so called Blitzjack-of-all-fakes...

:P

puretube

yes, we had the knobs already - but did you see the passive attenuator?

The wooden pinocchio-jacks are a great idea, especially for the brandnew:

WIRELESS guitar (= NO strings attached), aka: "unplucked

(btw.: no pun intended)

Gilles C

Well, you may want wood jacks for low impedance, ... unless it's wet, but I prefered to buy a chrome plated brass guitar (Dobro style) to make sure the ground would be good and the pick-up well shielded.

Metal picks and a mojo bag are also a good addition.  8)

Gilles

puretube

We should take care, that our pedals will always be

"in stock - LIMITED" in every online-store,

and start an e-b*y auction, as soon as we recognize, that one of the major dealers is (temporarily) out of supply....

BTW: are those pedals polyphonic aftert all?

(or should we add a hexa-/polyphonic version to our inventory?)

:P

Blitz-a-fonic ?

Fret Wire

Shush! Don't tell anyone, but I've found the key to noise free distortion. This technology is borrowed from the automotive field "mojo" department. When hooked on to the input and output wiring, it will add magnetic shielding to the signal. No-Noise Super Audiophile Filters!

ps- remember to peel off the stickers, so we can claim it's an audiophile invention (truth-bypass advertising).

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=36098
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

Paul Marossy

This is one of the longest threads I have ever seen here!  :shock:

Has anyone mentioned that stuff you paint on an opamp or transistor that is supposed to make it sound like a tube? I think this was discussed here before, but I still think it is hogwash...  8)