Previous topic - Next topic

caress

tjcombs

Quote from: puretube on October 19, 2006, 04:16:07 PM
have you Coated your Music, lately?...

well, then - is it any w*nderTM ?

:icon_eek:

:icon_razz:

Just sent these guys an email! Pretending to be some music store interested in their product. Hoping they'll reply!
Heh

Here's the email. (None of it is true by the way  :D)

Whom it may concern,

Hello!
My name is Thad Combs. I run a succesful music store called Prime Music in Vancouver, Canada. I am very interested in ordering 30 kits of your Magic coat.
I'm curious if you offer a discount on an order of this quantity.
I'm very excited to get your product in stores! I'm hoping to use it in our repair shop! I'm sure it would sell well here also!
Anyways, any more information you have would be great! Thanks for your time.
Thad

Prime Music

Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster
Next Project - Some sort of tube amp or mic preamp maybe?????
www.myspace.com/glorynights

Harry

Quote from: tjcombs on July 12, 2007, 07:50:23 PM

Just sent these guys an email! Pretending to be some music store interested in their product. Hoping they'll reply!
Heh

Whom it may concern,

Hello!
My name is Thad Combs. I run a succesful music store called Prime Music in Vancouver, Canada. I am very interested in ordering 30 kits of your Magic coat.
I'm very excited to get your product in stores! I'm hoping to use it in our repair shop! I'm sure it would sell well here also!
Thad

Prime Music

Haha! Now that's rich.

Iron Code Monkey

caress

Quote from: Iron Code Monkey on July 13, 2007, 01:11:05 PM
What about a genuine, 1971 quarter for the bridge? that kind of mojo alone must be worth $10G

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/EVH-Eddie-Van-Halen-Frankenstein-Replica-Electric-Guitar?sku=513703

wow.  i think anyone who buys this is seriously brain-dead.  especially the guy who wrote a review about how he saved for years to buy this and he realized after he brought it home that it not only looks like a piece of crap, but that it plays and sounds like one too... ::)

tjcombs

Quote from: Harry on July 12, 2007, 08:06:43 PM
Quote from: tjcombs on July 12, 2007, 07:50:23 PM

Heh

Whom it may concern,

Hello!
Thad

Prime Music

Haha! Now that's rich.

Here's his reply today!

Hi!
yes, thanks -- 33% discount (x.67) --

i assume you mean musicoat (see website description)

we can work out details of shipping and payment method

best
peter
Pedals Built - MXR Dist + / WY Harmonics Booster preamp / Rebote 2.5 / Ruby / Rangemaster

MarcoMike

:o :o
how could you mistake the great musicoat for a simple kind of magic coat?!? ;D

or was it the "magic cloak"?
(if you were interested in this item instead, they offer free shipping for combined orders...) :P
Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

GREEN FUZ

I`m usually very cynical about these things but hey if there`s a 33% discount, count me in. :D Group buy? :icon_lol:

Skreddy

Serious debate time. (and change of subject)

Is it okay to insist on the correct types of parts for something to qualify as being a clone of a specific, rare, early-edition of a vintage effect?  (E.g., ceramic disc capacitors and 2N5133 transistors and carbon comp resistors)

Or is it okay to claim something is a specific, rare, early-edition vintage clone when you're not bothering to use the correct parts?  (E.g., modern high-gain 2N5088 transistors and modern film capacitors and carbon film resistors)

Assuming the difference would be obvious to all upon hearing sound clips, too--not just being arbitrarily nit picky...

???

On the one hand, it would appear to be false advertising to claim something is a vintage clone when it's not.  On the other hand, to accuse that person of false advertising would appear to be a dick move.

Quandary.

The problem is not just that the "truth" will eventually come out.  The problem is that the general public is largely ignorant of these things.  So being in the minority, a person in the know, makes me seem like a dick if I speak out.

tjcombs

Quote from: GREEN FUZ on July 13, 2007, 07:00:13 PM
I`m usually very cynical about these things but hey if there`s a 33% discount, count me in. :D Group buy? :icon_lol:

I'm in!

the_random_hero

Quote from: tjcombs on July 14, 2007, 04:29:09 PM
Quote from: GREEN FUZ on July 13, 2007, 07:00:13 PM

I'm in!

I'd actually be interested in a blind test of this stuff, with some less 'biased' listeners (you can't tell me that somebody wasn't offered a some sort of incentive to give their opinion).
Completed Projects - Modded DS1, The Stiffy, Toaster Ruby, Octobooster Mk. II, Pedal Power Supply

96ecss

Quote from: Skreddy on July 14, 2007, 03:57:46 PM
Serious debate time. (and change of subject)

Is it okay to insist on the correct types of parts for something to qualify as being a clone of a specific, rare, early-edition of a vintage effect?  (E.g., ceramic disc capacitors and 2N5133 transistors and carbon comp resistors)

Or is it okay to claim something is a specific, rare, early-edition vintage clone when you're not bothering to use the correct parts?  (E.g., modern high-gain 2N5088 transistors and modern film capacitors and carbon film resistors)

Assuming the difference would be obvious to all upon hearing sound clips, too--not just being arbitrarily nit picky...

???

On the one hand, it would appear to be false advertising to claim something is a vintage clone when it's not.  On the other hand, to accuse that person of false advertising would appear to be a dick move.

Quandary.

The problem is not just that the "truth" will eventually come out.  The problem is that the general public is largely ignorant of these things.  So being in the minority, a person in the know, makes me seem like a dick if I speak out.

Is there a specific pedal you're referring to?

Dave

puretube

MarcoMike

Only those who attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible.

King Tubby

Quote from: MarcoMike on August 30, 2007, 09:20:18 AM
Where it all is from:

http://www.mojo-alcantara.it/history.html

Mojo Tower once housed people suffering from delusion. You can still see evidence of the bed sheets that have been carefully dirtied to enhance the quality of living of a specific (bed) bug. 

soulsonic

Whoa.... it's Mojo Jesus!!!
Check out my NEW DIY site - http://solgrind.wordpress.com

markm

soulsonic

It's Jesus from the church in the town of Mojo. He's in the Mojo Church, so I guess that makes him Mojo Jesus. It's all on that website MarcoMike put a link to.
Check out my NEW DIY site - http://solgrind.wordpress.com

markm

Okay!
I get it now.
Mr. Mojo Risin'.

jonathan perez

"hand picked speakers"

"boutique tubes"

"hand tested"

"master volume mod (to a master volume amp)"

"holdsworth, carlton, lukather"
no longer the battle of midway...(i left that band)...

i hate signatures with gear lists/crap for sale....

i am a wah pervert...ask away...