Funny "MOJO" stuff

Started by Joe Hart, September 11, 2004, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilles C

Ok, why not call it simply "THE Box" to say anything else is not it.

Or "LA Boite" for a french cuisine mood...

Adjust it to your taste.

Mike Burgundy

hmmm... "La Booty" for the funk lovers. Market diversification for ya ;)

David

David

Fret Wire

Where's the silver solder? I am in possession of titanium bottom plate screws that enhance second order harmonics if used with a Coleman gas generator for the power supply.

Also, the ckt must be covered in boutique goop. I have Vintage Elvis Vomit ( from med overdoses) that when gooped on the pcb, will give a unique Sunn Studios vibe to the ckt.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

David

toneman

Hey, we'll make the box out of ductwork! Paul Marossy, this is your field! Head on down to R&D!

dang quotes!!!  :evil:
hey, I thought R.G. could get some strap steel 2x6's(?)
Oh, but then,  it wouldn't B a "small" box...
But, it needs a Titanium bottom cover, fersure!
On the bottom it says "BooTeek"
Components??? What Components??
(remember the "what compressor??)
LOL!!
:)
Hmmmm, mayB we should take this 2 the Lounge??
Are beers given away there?
What about Medicinal Sticks or Cancer Sticks?
staytuned
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

Nasse

Sorry to ruin your fun but I suggest not using nothing "The ... Box" in the name. Very big european music shop has product line named just like that. And these are cheapos, for the masses, low budget. We don´t want anybody thinkin this product is like that.

How about LA Studio Excalibur Professional
  • SUPPORTER

Fret Wire

We'll call it the "CIA Box"...... so secret is the mojo, that you can't even hear it. Nor can anyone else. But trust us, it's there :wink:
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

puretube

yours truly R&D dept. is already working on a tube-version of the
"no-gainer"; (who`d expect s.th. else?....)
as soon as the prototype is available, a copy of it will be sent over to
the "New at ROG" labs, to make a jFET implementation/emulation/sim...

(by passing the design thru a couple of departments/stages/phases (!), we could claim it to
be a "BBD" topology: Bucket Brigade Downhanded).

(anyone noticed, that up until now, the unit is capable of
True Zero Flanging?) :P  :lol:  :P

David

Gilles C

After all these secret weapons inside, you should add on the box: "Not tested on animals", or "Not tested on real people"

puretube

"THE box, that even Jimi didn`t play!!!"

puretube

btw: who`se gonna get the first ones:

MusicToyz ("in stock - limited"),
or GP for testing?

ps: here`s wondering, which clone will follow first:
a C*rnish version, or B*hringer (made in far east)?

David

Jason Stout

I have a question for R&D, why are you guys proposing to throw potential profits out the window in the form of TONE SUCKING (Gawd, they use opamps!!) components? I propose the base model should be a gooped up solid core wire, from input to output. This design features an extremely direct signal path, totally void of tone sucking components. Your fans won't even think your using a pedal, but you know better and that’s all that matters.
Jason Stout

Mike Burgundy

Quotethe base model should be a gooped up solid core wire
Yes! And a tube version from that!
"this is a 100% all-tube circuit that for optimum response and minimum coloration of *your* signal we have painstakingly made sure has no relation to the signal path whatsoever"
QuoteIf anyone tries to remove the goop, the circuit must self-destruct INSTANTLY in a very stinky mess that gives off choking clouds of red smoke! Can do?
Well 'course!
That's what *we* know that battery is for ;)

Joe Hart

Wow, is this a long thread!! All I wanted to do was build a distortion box and incorporate many of the "secret" mojo elements just for kicks. I'm still working on designing my circuit, then I was going to start swapping out components for the mojo ones. Of course, I'm only going to use the components that I actually thought sounded better, but I'm sure that there are parts that would make no difference in the resulting tone so I could probably use lots of funky stuff here and there -- just for the mojo factor.

I think this thread is pretty funny, but it is a little off from what I was originally looking for. But I did get a couple of good "mojo" ideas.
-Joe Hart

Joe Hart

Don't forget that when the enclosures are sanded and prepped for finishing and need to be washed... make sure that they get a dip in the mighty Mississippi River. This will infuse the box with that elusive "Muddy Mississippi Water" vibe.
-Joe Hart

analogmike

THis joke box you are talking about..

it exists, and it DOES sound good and sells a lot.
Z Vex SHO, Bad Bob, etc. They have the volume knob
attached but a buffer pedal DOES have it's uses and can improve
your tone.

Good things you cynics were not around 100 years ago, we would have missed all the fun PT Barnum gave us. Don't believe  a NOS tube sounds better than a new russian tube? Dont buy it! Save some of the good stuff for me, I can hear the difference.
DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com