Funny "MOJO" stuff

Started by Joe Hart, September 11, 2004, 10:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

David

Mea culpa...

All evidence of my comments have been removed from this thread so as not to offend, insult or anger anyone.

Mike Burgundy

Mike isn't offended as far as I can see - he's just pointing out a little flaw in our little thought experiment. I agree the SHO is a brilliant pedal and is very benificial - but there's also theory supporting that. Same with NOS tubes - although someone is always entitled to an opinion, theres scientific evidence stating some real benifits in NOS tubes.

This is not what we want for our magic box! We want REAL mojo, that cannot be proven by science or nature! See, what I envision is NOS paint! Sitting on a shelf long enough so that it won't harden is bound to do something for your tone!

So let's take a bit of a breather, have a grin and remember what this is all about, or at least has grown into. Building the ultimate box of hot air.

analogmike

HI,

The power cables and that stuff you put on chips for a tube sound was pretty funny, but some people were putting obviously important things like NOS, germanium, etc into the same category. I'm just trying to point out that there is probably basis behind most such claims.

Of course if you look closely, that "mermaid" was really a fish tail stitched onto a monkey's torso  :wink:

DIY has unpleasant realities, such as that an operating soldering iron has two ends differing markedly in the degree of comfort with which they can be grasped. - J. Smith

mike  ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~   vintage guitar effects

http://www.analogman.com

puretube

Quote from: Jason StoutI have a question for R&D, why are you guys ... I propose the base model should be a gooped up solid core wire, from input to output....

err, you`re talking bout the "De Luxe" version, here!?...
:lol:

OT: to the drawbackers: we were not talking about any existing pedal or method: we were having fun diy-group-designing the BPE
(best pedal ever);

I must admit, I thought it was meant to be a joke from the beginning... :oops:

puretube

bahh, that pic is disgusting...
- and OT -
(my opinion!)

cd

Quote from: analogmikeI'm just trying to point out that there is probably basis behind most such claims.

Not what this thread is about.  If you read the first post, the poster wanted a list of "mojo" related stuff - some posts have gone OT but IMHO it's all in the spirit of the original post.

Don't take it personally, Mike - the people that frequent this board are not your target market, and you've got your good rep and customer service record to build off of/make sales.  

Besides, shouldn't you be making pedals?!  Where is my KOT, dammit! :)

Doug_H

Joe Hart

Forget the True Zero Flanging. I've built plenty of pedals that do True Zero!
-Joe Hart

toneman

didn't  see the pic....(?)(?)(?)(?)

"IF you *think* you got a good deal......You DID!!"

I built it, and someone came(to buy it).
staytuned
tone
  • SUPPORTER
TONE to the BONE says:  If youTHINK you got a GOOD deal:  you DID!

puretube

actually, it should read "Tube Zero Flanging",
as I`m (as always)
referring to the valve-version  :wink:

BTW: I prefer fresh E-H tubes... :!:

puretube

QuoteIf anyone tries to remove the goop, the circuit must self-destruct INSTANTLY in a very stinky mess that gives off choking clouds of red smoke! Can do?

We will also sell bottles of so-called mojo-goop remover, which will automatically turn into that stinky mess, when used on "our" goop...

:lol:

Fret Wire

Nothing will disolve our Vintage Elvis Vomit goop. Well, maybe barbituates and rubbing alcohol.

We won't need carbon comp pulldown resistors, because it's a floor mount pedal. If  a customer uses a rack, then we'll put them in, so you can pull it down from the rack. Value doesn't matter, but they must be 10watt resistors to support the weight of the pedal when you pull-down from the rack.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

puretube

we`ll also sell schems and documentary pdf.`s @ $2.50 per download...

(of course no guarantee for possible bugs - that`s what the forum is for!)

and we will own the copyrights, and`ll sue everybody that stirs it into his ....(insert your favorite country here)`s... stompbox cookbook!

Fret Wire

Oh shit Puretube! I already posted it! Don't worry...you need infra-red 3-D glasses to view it. Plus, it is scripted in Pr2/3 resolution. Only works in JRC4558 based Macintosh XP platforms.
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

puretube

when you already have posted it by accident, try to trace the IP`s of the people that have downloaded it by accessing your page,
and send a trojan after them, that`ll erase exact those documents...

Fret Wire

I see you "nipped" it in the bud. :D
Fret Wire
(Keyser Soze)

puretube

all entries in?

or should we take some extra considerations from the Russian V-ZOX thread?

time to start prototyping (breadboarding?)...

we gotta hurry up, for it won`t be long till someone pick up the idea,
and turn it into a futuristic aspect with a µP or even a PIC for controlling
a flashing SeekDisplay LED-array (probably with a "Batman"-logo
beamer)!

...they might even come up with a digital version (one-chip AD/DA)...

:P

Nasse

How about making only every 10th pedal sound good (like old fuzzfaces) so we could sell more. Famous guitar roadies hunt for good ones in every music equipment shop. That old Zachary Vex trick technique (hidden surface mount miniature components inside pots and pcb) could be used.

Some cool pedal name suggestions:

Black Sabotage Fuzz
Bad Mojo 666 Distortion
  • SUPPORTER

Joe Hart

Or just use components that you have lying around, so some are more fuzzy than others, some are high endy, some low endy -- pretty much just random. So, then people will have to have multiples and one will be for rhythm work, one for a boost, one for bluesy leads...
-Joe Hart